Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:14:20 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Legend of Bigfoot (1976) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Legend of Bigfoot (1976)  (Read 2440 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: February 14, 2006, 11:33:15 PM »

THE LEGEND OF BIGFOOT (1976) - Captivating documentary style movie with footage of Bigfoot that look similiar to the famous clip of Bigfoot out west along a creek turning toward the camera. The footage looks more like a distance shot of one of the PLANET OF THE APES characters than a large bigfoot in the wild, but besides that I found this film entertaining. The movie is kinda like watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdome with narration throughout and mysterious hair raising music to accompany the journey of our guide from Arizona to the Artic Circle in search of Bigfoot. While watching this one from The Chilling Classics 50 pack I thought the film was sending a chill up me. Later only to find out that our thermostat needed to be turned up. Check this on out if you get the chance. You might like it.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:57:26 AM »

I remember the Legend of Boggy Creek sent a few chills up my spine. And I was about 15-16 when I saw that.

I think it was one of the last stories, not the house one but that one was also kind of creepy. I think the one that got me a little was where it took place in a trailer. I'd feel a bit more confortable in a house than a small trailer, I mean you could hear the creature going around you in circles.

What scared me about the house story was one of the men was in a room when the creature reachs in right next to him.

,made me a little nervous to be next to a window for a bit.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
odinn7

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »

Wow! I saw this movie with my father when it came out in the theaters. We used to really enjoy movies like this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 02:13:01 PM »

My senior year in high school (72-73) is when the stuff in Boggy Creek happened in the little town of Fouke, Arkansas. It was in the papers and on the news all the time.

The incidents around the house in the movie were portrayed exactly like the newspaper articles about it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »

THE LEGEND OF BIGFOOT (1976) has some of the tone of LEGEND OF BOGEY CREEK (1972), but THE LEGEND OF BIGFOOT isn't as "creepy". The bigfoot footage must be seen. To funny for a film that is suppose to be the serious story of a bigfoot searcher. THE LEGEND OF BIGFOOT has a certain charm that I think everyone here will appreciate.

It seems that there was a lot of Bigfoot features in the 70's. You have to love it.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 04:40:53 PM »

I also saw this one on the big screen when it first was released.  I've always had fond memories of it, and never quite shook the 'feeling' that it was real.  I was about 10 at the time and the documentary feel just resonated with me.

I'd love to see it again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 05:05:56 PM »

I had read about all of these movies in the 'Video Movie Guide' in the late '80s, but still haven't seen any of them.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Legend of Bigfoot (1976) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.