Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:28:58 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Two vague film memories from childhood... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Two vague film memories from childhood...  (Read 43511 times)
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« on: December 31, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »

Hello everyone!  I'm a first time poster, but I've been looking through this site ever since 2000 came along. I have discovered so many great B-movies through this site, like Riki-Oh, which is now amongst my DVD collection.

Anyway, I can remember seeing a couple of scenes from odd films, that I've never been able to put my finger on.  Maybe you could help me identify them...

1.  I can remember turning off my Nintendo as a kid, after a long gaming stretch, and stumbling across something very startling.  It was a scene from what looked like a horror film, where this...thing...was tossing stuff at this guy from inside of what I think was either a cupboard or a cabinet, mostly glasses and dishes.  The guy, who I think had short blondeish hair and was wearing late 70's/early 80's type clothing, was just covering himself against a wall, going "Aaaaaaahhhh!" nearly the whole time. 

The thing in the cupboard was this little rubbery puppet thing...I guess it was a demon or something, because I think it had a little smile etched on its face, laughed at him at one point, partially covered by shadow in the cabinet.  It was like a high pitched "Hee hee hee hee heeeee..."  I turned the TV off a second later, just as a bowl was clattering on the ground, I think...I still haven't figured out what this was from, since I only saw a few seconds, and I was a kid back then. 

2.  I tuned into HBO once, and saw what I guess was the climax of some movie with a kid who had funky powers.  For some reason, it was night, and he was engaged in battle with what looked like a freaky ventriloquist dummy, who was on the edge of his bed.  The kid was somehow summoning all of his toys I think, and they were flying around, and trying to hit the dummy.  It was really bizzare.

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:23:40 PM »

Hey there! Lemme see if I can figure these out... hm.m......

The first sounds like the scene could either be from "Gremlins," or "House II: The Second Story." The latter film features a baby pterodactyl from another dimension that hides in a kitchen cupboard and gives the film's hero a bit of grief.

The second film sounds like it is "Making Contact," the first big-budget film by the intensely evil Roland Emmerich. In that flick, an evil ventriloquist dummy butts heads with a child with supernatural powers. Check out www.imdb.com and see if these fit the bill.

Hope I've helped!

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »

Jordan probably has it nailed with "Making Contact."  I have that one on my DVD want list.

"Gremlins" is a good possible for the other.  There are some memories tickling my mind too, so let us know if "Gremlins" is the film or not.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:52:28 PM »

No, it wasn't gremlins, I know that for sure.
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »

I don't think the first one is Gremlins, it might be one of the Critters movies, but I'm not sure. The second one is called "Joey", AKA "Making Contact".

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 04:30:14 PM »

House 2 does sound quite accurate. Think back, was the thing in the cupboard a caterpillar-dog or a pteranadon?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 06:37:04 PM »

I'm thinking "House 2" as well.  I think there was a scene in "Critters 3" like that but I can't remember the first two at all.  (Need to watch them again.)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 08:30:56 PM »

The first movie is not "House 2."

Something from the "Critters" series or "Ghoulies" could fit this.  Did the creature look anything like one of these: (they come in a few different flavors)

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/595.html

If not, any further description of the creature could help.  Approximate size, fur, color, etc.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 09:53:06 PM »

You know, it very well may have been one of the ghoulies movies...I've never watched the ghoulies flicks before, so I wouldn't know for sure.
Joe
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »

im a fan of the ghoulies flicks and i dont recall any of them throwing dishes and its definetly not house 2 cause the pteranadon(sp?) doesnt laugh or throw anything it just squawks and runs around. though it could be critters 3 with leonardo dicaprio ( short hair like you described) there are scenes wiht some critter hijinx in a kitchen though idk if leo is in any of those scenes. hmmmm. funny thing i ran out and bought magic with anthony hopkins thinking it was "making contact" but magic is a great film none the less a bit dissapaointed that it wasnt the flick i was looking for.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 02:28:06 PM »

I did not locate a scene that matches the one described during a FFW through "Critters 3."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JasonX
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 08:00:55 AM »

There's a movie called XTRO, i think the kid battling the puppet is there.  I think the kid could somehow control the toys or something.  that was a strange movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086610/

Joe
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 09:21:38 AM »

oh yea i just remebered about a little flick called "Munchies", i bet you thats it. havent seen the movie in years but i have a gut feeling thats it.

check it out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093582/
Joe
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 09:49:24 AM »

here i just dug up the Munchies trailer this should make it very simple for you to verify

http://videodetective.com/default.asp?frame=http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1289
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 12:06:44 PM »

oh yea i just remebered about a little flick called "Munchies", i bet you thats it. havent seen the movie in years but i have a gut feeling thats it.

check it out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093582/

No, it's not Munchies, I've seen that film a few times and don't recall a scene like that.

Related Question: Why would I willingly watch Munchies more than once?

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Two vague film memories from childhood... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.