Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:19:53 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE!  (Read 2273 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 03, 2007, 12:28:31 AM »

I watched this 70's zombie flick tonight.  It was apparently filmed by a Spanish director in England with an English cast, and has gone by several different titles.  It was a hoot - obviously a European rip-off of DAWN OF THE DEAD.  The zombies are resurrected by the radiation from a Ministry of Agriculture machine that is broacasting into nearby fields to eliminate pests. 
This one has several fairly creepy moments, and several rather silly ones, but I guess the thing that sticks out to me is the most purely gratuitous nudity I have ever seen in any film - at the beginning of the movie a naked girl runs across the street in front of the main character's car.  No explanation, no commentary, nothing - just that one bit of random nudity in the first scene.  How 1970's can you get???

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:00:19 AM »

I did a review of this movie recently. I was a little annoyed by the extent to which they go with the whole "the police think I'm a hippie so nobody listens to me so it's up to me to save the day while the pigs think that I'm really the killer and they try to pin the murders on me!" thing, but I guess that appealed more to the anti-establishment crowd 30+ years ago. Also, I think you might be wrong about the movie ripping off Dawn of the Dead, as it was apparently filemd 4 years prior to the Romero classic. Now, a European rip-off of Night of the Living Dead I could agree with.

The crazy contact lenses that look like cartoon "KABOOM!" explosion graphics were probably the high point for me, coupled with the seemingly unstoppable cemetary ghouls, and the creepy diaper wearing, beard-o zombies in the hospital morgue. I also loved the random streaker in the beginning. What a perfect way to confuse your audience with harmless nudity before trying to scare the crap out of 'em! The posters of the movie's alternate title, The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, are probably some of the creepiest horror movie posters I've ever seen...

... and of course I can't find an image of the poster I'm thinking of online now.  Hatred

But if you're really looking for pointless nudity and the living dead, check out Zombie Lake if you haven't already Indy. Depending on your stance on pointless full frontal nudity, you'll either be pleasantly surprised or annoyed all to Hell.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09:46 AM »

A very entertaining '70s drive-in flick.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »

But if you're really looking for pointless nudity and the living dead, check out Zombie Lake if you haven't already Indy. Depending on your stance on pointless full frontal nudity, you'll either be pleasantly surprised or annoyed all to Hell.

That's more like pointless up-from-underneath nudity.  But it's not really pointless if you consider that it was the only explanation for why the zombies came out of the water.  Sort of an undead booty call, if you will.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »

That's more like pointless up-from-underneath nudity.  But it's not really pointless if you consider that it was the only explanation for why the zombies came out of the water.  Sort of an undead booty call, if you will.

If I ever change my forum name, I'm changing it to Undead Booty Call.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 01:47:29 PM »

I couldn't get in to it.  it seemed like for the whole first hour nothing happened.  It seemed like one of those horror movies where the director thinks he's like an actual director or something. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »

I  wrote those comments very late last night, I was thinking NOTLD instead of DOTD.  I just remember in both movies that the "hero" character gets wasted by the "rescuers."

SPOILER BELOW:

At least in this movie, he got his revenge on the guy who shot him!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.