Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:11:28 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795]
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2112892 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11910 on: February 09, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »

ZOMBIE MASSACRE II: REICH OF THE DEAD

Caught this late on Showtime the other night and recorded it to watch later; then sat and watched it all last night.
German Dr. Mengele is using a "fear enzyme" extracted from the brain of a concentration camp victim to turn other concentration camp victims into zombies to use against the Allies.  Slow moving and rather dull, this movie had some decent zombie effects and not much else going for it.  HUGE plotholes. 2.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11911 on: February 12, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »

DRACULA: PAGES FROM A VIRGIN'S DIARY (2002): A ballet adaptation of DRACULA, directed by Guy Maddin in his delirious silent film style. Maddinphiles may wish that Guy was allowed to cut loose more---he's constrained by adapting someone else's work, and by being forced to substitute dance for narrative---but with a Dracula who bleeds coins when stabbed, there's enough eccentricity to satisfy. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11912 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:30 PM »

Night and Fog (I955) - a Decade or so after the liberation of Auschwitz, french film maker films some shots (of there and Majdanek) inter cut with footage from when they were both active. part of Criterion collection. I was at Logan airport the day after 9/11. that was the spookiest thing I ever saw but this is spookier. fairly short 5/5
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11913 on: February 13, 2020, 12:05:49 AM »

HALLOWEEN (2019) Jamie Lee Curtis returns as Laurie Strode in this direct, 40-year-later sequel in which a geriatric Michael Meyers escapes from a mental institution and returns to chop up teenagers (and anyone else he runs into) while Laurie goes into full survival mode in order to finish him off.  Overall, not too bad, but I think I liked the 2008 Rob Zombie version better.  Still no clue as to why Michael kills or what keeps drawing him back to Haddonfield, just this relentless murder machine hacking his way through innocents for an hour and a half. 4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11914 on: February 13, 2020, 09:42:42 AM »

HALLOWEEN (2019) Jamie Lee Curtis returns as Laurie Strode in this direct, 40-year-later sequel in which a geriatric Michael Meyers escapes from a mental institution and returns to chop up teenagers (and anyone else he runs into) while Laurie goes into full survival mode in order to finish him off.  Overall, not too bad, but I think I liked the 2008 Rob Zombie version better.  Still no clue as to why Michael kills or what keeps drawing him back to Haddonfield, just this relentless murder machine hacking his way through innocents for an hour and a half. 4/5

I go with Dr. Loomis's explanation that he is just pure evil. As for why Haddonfield, well I guess at heart he is just a home town boy.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11915 on: February 15, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »

"Theory of Obscurity: A Film About The Residents" (2015)
Documentary about the anonymous, eyeball-masked, surrealist art collective/band whose worldwide cult following includes members of Primus, Devo, Neurosis, and more. I knew next to nothing about the Residents before watching this, and I still don't "get" them at all, but it was an interesting ride through their 40-plus-year history.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11916 on: February 15, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »

MA (2019)

Maggie, a high school senior, moves to her Mom's home town following her parents' divorce.  Being pretty and kind, she quickly makes several friends, and they in turn are befriended by a 40something black woman named Sue Ann, who invites them to come party and drink in her sizable basement, since she doesn't want them driving drunk or going to dangerous places.  Her house quickly becomes the party hangout for all the teens in town, but none of them realize "Ma," as they affectionately call Sue Anne, has plans of her own - plans of revenge for a humiliating prank played on her 20 years before.

This was better than I thought it would be, nice to see Juliette Lewis in a film role again as Maggie's mom.  Interesting twist at the end. 4/5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11917 on: February 15, 2020, 06:58:32 PM »

"The Initiation" (1984)
Sorority pledges are assigned to sneak into a high-end department store after it closes and spend the night. Unfortunately there's also an escaped lunatic roaming the aisles, picking them off one by one. Daphne Zuniga, later known as "Princess Vespa" in Spaceballs, made her film debut in this needlessly complicated '80s slasher flick that gets some points for its unique setting, but for the most part this is pretty standard stuff. I've seen worse, but I've seen lots better.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11918 on: February 15, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »

Post limit. Let's continue here: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,154626.0.html

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.