Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:34:20 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Phil Spector Jury hung « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Phil Spector Jury hung  (Read 3909 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 27, 2007, 08:41:40 AM »

The two clowns who voted to acquit Lana Clarkson's killer oughta be hanged

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070927/music_nm/spector_dc;_ylt=AphpWddvZsPwtmySEqu35cFxFb8C

Um, yeah.  Depressed person goes home with old, formerly hot shot record producer, finds gun (in a house she's never been to before) and decides then and there to commit suicide.

Who the hell are these mouth breathers?
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:48:54 AM »

Based on everything I read (and common sense), the two holdouts are idiots.

Personally, I think that crap like this happens too often.  The judge should have held the jury.  "You're not being dismissed until you have reached a verdict.  I don't care if it takes years."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »

Its absolutely amazing.  Spector's driver heard him say that he though he killed someone.  The prosecution had multiple women on the stand saying Spector had a gun to their head at one point.  That and all else already mentioned.  Justice?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:05:55 PM »

They'll eventually get him.  Should have happened during this trial however. Phil Spector is a nutbar and has always been.

He's also waved a gun around during studio sessions on multiple occasions.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 01:35:14 AM »

I was on a jury earlier this year, and I'm guessing a couple of you guys have done it as well, and it's the most frustrating thing in the world when you get someone who fails to look at the evidence, and has made up their mind before even going away, and refuses to listen to rational argument.

One of the cases I was on was a robbery case, and why the crown prosecution service chose to pursue that particular case with the miniscule amount of evidence they had was mystifying. The guy did it, it was obvious, but there was no way it could actually be proved. The three prosecution witnesses completely contradicted each other amongst other things, and there wasn't a shred of 'hard' evidence, so the obvious decision was a reluctant 'Not Guilty' due to lack of proof.
For two days we sat in this room because two people "had a hunch" that the guy had done it. No amount of explaining the law to them, reasoning with them or debate was going to sway them. I could have quite happily murdered one of them with a coke can - he was simply a pompous idiot with no concept of the real world.

*steps off soapbox*

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Phil Spector Jury hung « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.