Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:26:03 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702495 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6660 on: July 11, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »

Everything seems to be falling apart all around us....pollution, global warming, environmental devastation, corporate control and rule, the dumbing down of society via drugs, food and mindless entertainment, the unfulfilling futility of a society encouraged to purchase junk we don't need.

but....this

http://wimp.com/oneball/
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6661 on: July 11, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »

Spain won the FIFA world cup for the very first time.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #6662 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »

Spain won the FIFA world cup for the very first time.

Thumbup

Cheers
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6663 on: July 12, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »

What they're apparently teaching in business school these days:  Sell remanufactured junk made by the lowest bidder in China.  When it breaks, make it impossible for your customers to penetrate your automated phone system.  If they persist, charge them $30 to talk to someone in India who barely speaks English and has no knowledge whatsoever of the subject being discussed.  Give yourself a big bonus and have someone write a press release blaming the company's near-bankruptcy on the economy. 

I think we're hovering right around a 90% compliance rate for this management philosophy at the present time.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6664 on: July 12, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »

Meh....
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6665 on: July 12, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »

My girls are home from summer camp!!!
the house just got noisy again!!! BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BTM

« Reply #6666 on: July 13, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »

I just signed up for a dating site. 

Can I ask which one? 

Anyway, best of luck on that!  Been contemplating doing that myself, haven't had much luck on Plentyoffish or Okcupid, but, as someone else pointed out to me, if you get on a PAY website, you get women who actually serious about trying to find someone.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #6667 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:58 AM »

Everything seems to be falling apart all around us....pollution, global warming, environmental devastation, corporate control and rule, the dumbing down of society via drugs, food and mindless entertainment, the unfulfilling futility of a society encouraged to purchase junk we don't need.

That's what happens when you go on a steady diet of the news media.  Keep in mind they all THRIVE on just repeating bad news of every sort (and while you could argue that's what sells, and thus, it's the public's fault, there's still a lot of sensationalism going on.)

Sure, we've got problems, but I don't think the world is quite as bad off as the media would make it out to be.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6668 on: July 13, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »

That's what happens when you go on a steady diet of the news media.  Keep in mind they all THRIVE on just repeating bad news of every sort (and while you could argue that's what sells, and thus, it's the public's fault, there's still a lot of sensationalism going on.)

Sure, we've got problems, but I don't think the world is quite as bad off as the media would make it out to be.

I agree.

The world's always been a little rubbish but the media are able to feed off it more than they used to. People are also more aware of the problems that society now has as opposed to a few decades ago when people where left in the dark about thing like global warming and pollution and how healthy cigarettes are....

Good news doesn't sell. I wish it did.

Here'a good news site :
http://notnegativenews.com/Default.aspx?FilterCategories=35

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6669 on: July 13, 2010, 10:57:36 AM »

My prostrate is symmetrical and well formed.  Just thought I'd share that with you all.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #6670 on: July 13, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »

I think my kids just broke the couch. They were roughhousing and I heard a loud crack. Dammit    Lookingup   Im assuming it was the couch and not one of their bones. yep, must have been the couch I dont hear any screaming.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6671 on: July 13, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »

I think my kids just broke the couch. They were roughhousing and I heard a loud crack. Dammit    Lookingup   Im assuming it was the couch and not one of their bones. yep, must have been the couch I dont hear any screaming.
I use the term "we just can't have anything nice" in my house daily. 

My prostrate is symmetrical and well formed.  Just thought I'd share that with you all.   TeddyR
Thats great, but what did your doctor say about it?   Wink

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett

« Reply #6672 on: July 13, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

I want to comment but I don't know what to say...  TeddyR

Doggett

« Reply #6673 on: July 13, 2010, 12:05:02 PM »

Someone on the Imdb said:
PREDATOR 2 KILLS AND BURRY PREDATORS
(yes, in caps. Why is it always with caps...), what they meant to say was 'bury'.

Idiot.

It took me ages to work out what he meant.
I thought he meant 'berry'.

I needed someone to work it out for me.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6674 on: July 13, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »

I firmly believe we are living in a dystopia currently. Not sure whether it can be turned around or not but seems doubtful to me. Cartels, propaganda spins, corporate rule, mass conformity and consumerism, environmental problems in fact downplayed, media control....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.