Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:24 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Ghost Stories, UFO Encounters, Supernatural Happenings. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your Ghost Stories, UFO Encounters, Supernatural Happenings.  (Read 6050 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« on: October 09, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »

If there's one thing I've come to love and have to admit to have a great weakness for is a great ghost story or yarn or somebody recounting a horrifying UFO encounter or an unnerving story of supernatural contact. I have to admit to being thoroughly fascinated and I'll glady watch any show about ghostly, UFO or other supernatural encounters even if some of them seem more than a bit questionable at times. One of the favourite shows is the Canadian "Ghostly Encounters" which treats the subject matter a little bit better in my opinion and never features people hanging out in supposedly haunted houses trying to find ghosts (I tend to hate that element of these type of series).

I know we've discussed this stuff on here before but with Halloween coming up, seems as good a time as any to discuss this stuff again. Anyways as I've discussed on here before, I had a number of unnerving contacts as a child. The worst of these was my encounter with what I suspect was the Wendigo. When I was around 10-12 (not sure of the exact age, just the age range) and I was coming home from playing field hockey with friends just as it was started to get dark, it was still light but the darkness was setting in- anyways I was all alone and trying desperately to get home before dark when suddenly something startled me. It was like I could only see it only from the corner of my eye at first. Next I noticed an ungodly stench, kind of like that sulpher rotten eggs type of smell. Suddenly almost as out of nowhere, this huge apparition seemed to materialize. It was horrifying beyond belief yet it was like for a few seconds I was frozen in time as this thing seemed to be taking shape at the edge of a clearing just about 3-5 feet ahead of me. It was huge...I'd say it must have been 7-8 feet tall as it seemed to loom over me. The stench was enough to knock you back and the thing had a weird black sinewy skin and I swear its head was almost horse-reindeer shaped (I think it might have even had horns) yet it also reminded me a bit of the typical Sasquatch (although it seemed skinnier and darker). Honestly it was quite unlike anything I'd ever seen before. I was frightened but what really drove it home and startled me out of my boots was the thing suddenly growled, a deep guttural growl that sounded completely and utterly unnatural, at me. Terrified, I ran faster than I'd ever ran before in my life somehow scrounging up the courage to run past the thing and I swear I could feel it bearing down on me in the chase so much I could swear that I could feel its breath on my neck. My legs were moving faster than I'd ever moved before. I was in a fit of absolute terror. Somehow I gathered up the courage to dare look behind me to gather how close the thing was upon me but when I did, the thing had suddenly completely disappeared! Yet I still had this horrible feeling it was still out there in the woods just waiting to spring back out at me at any moment. Something told me to keep running if I wanted to survive this encounter and I did making it about 10 feet away to the house I lived in where panting and thoroughly beat out I collasped exhausted on the couch of the house in which I lived my parents mystified as to just what had so terrified me so. I'd walk past that same area for many years afterwards but thankfully I never again encountered that thing nor do I ever want to see it again. This little town in which I grew up though did have many tragedies one of which did directly affect my family and I've since read that seeing a Wendigo may well be an ill omen which in this case might well have rung true as I lost several relatives to drowning and the area has seen a surprising amount of death with regards to young people including years later during a snowstorm, a snowmobile accident that resulted in drownings and a person trying to come to the rescue being accidentally decapitated.  Buggedout

Actually I also had several other much more minor encounters. As an even younger child, I saw through my grandparents' kitchen window which was many feet above the ground, much too high for any person to be in the window, the manifestation of a skull in the window. It was just a skull that suddenly seemed to materialize out of nowhere in the window as I stared out  Buggedout with what seemed like a black robe dangling underneath. It looked very much like one typically sees the spirit of death portrayed in films and television.

The other encounters simply involved what seemed like floating glowing orbs which seemingly appeared one time out of nowhere. I also had a couple of "Old Hag" encounters which of course could well have been caused by sleep paralysis but they were particularly terrifying.  Most of these happened when I boarded away while attending college in an old part of St. John's, Newfoundland. One of these seemed so real and actually just featured a ghost under a sheet. It was like the sheet on my bed suddenly was standing over me and holding me down choking me. I fought with it and finally gained the courage to grab the sheet and lift it when suddenly I did and there was absolutely nothing underneath despite me seeing the distinctive shape of something under it. When I did it was like I was literally thrown back against the wall and head of the bed which is where I eventually found myself fully awake my hand cut from having crashed into the headboard. Another time I saw an hideus old woman who tried to smother me and I had to fight extremely hard to get her off of me after which I woke up in a sweat.

I have see a few strange sights in the sky too especially while at sea but nothing I could swear was a UFO. The strangest was one that looked like something had exploded across the sky and left a trail behind it yet I heard no reports of any accidents or anything around that time.

So what's your (ghost, UFO, supernatural) story?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:58:09 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »

There may be an explanation for my story, but the timing during the event was freaky:

Last summer, I was at friend's house and we were trying to figure out what to do for the time being. Seeing that I had my digital camera and mini tripod, my friend and I agreed to work on a project.

Predictably, we decided to shoot in the basement. Now, throughout the discussion we had for setting up shots, my friend had this very disturbed look on her face. I kept asking her over and over: "What's the matter? Is everything okay?". For the most part, she didn't really give me an answer.

It wasn't until later that she mentioned that she felt as if there was a presence in the room. I also found out that she had a few freaky experiences there, possibly involving spirits. With my natural facination with ghosts, I went ahead and took a picture of a chair to see if it was possible to get something. Of course, I got nothing.

Then this hapenned, and to this day I don't know if there's a natural explanation for it.

The second I deleted the photo, this groan/breathing noise spewed out of the furnace. What really made it scary was that it souded astonishingly human. I've head noises made from pipes and furnaces before, but nothing like this. The damned thing wasn't even on.

It lasted for a few seconds, but as soon as it was over, we ran out.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:17:56 PM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »

Again with the Wendigo?  Or is that Mace Windu?  Who do wind that smell like mace?   Wink
I think I've heard a ghost or two.  I see things too often that can't be there. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »

Those drawings (in parts both) definitely seem close to the realm of what I believe I saw as a kid...of course if you want to go for rational explanations...one could argue perhaps a bear on hind legs combined with youthful imagination and I've tried to suggest that to myself time and time again because it's easier for the mind to accept that than the other possibility...which is the one I truly believe.

Anyways DWV mentioned spooky basements. I always get a weird vibe in my current basement. It's more a feeling of being watched...I've never seen anything down there although my girlfriend has sworn to me she's heard things down there and seen unexplained moving shadows I've yet to experience that. Still I get an unsettling feeling down there at night and I always hurry up out of it when down there after dark.

My girlfriend swears the house her parents live in is haunted too...more or less in one particular bedroom and their basement.

Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »

I had a very close encounter with the supernatural once.

I decided to sleep at an abandoned house, that was supposedly haunted.
I walked in, and everything smelled of p**s and cheap gin.
I've heard noises from the basement, but I didn't check it out. Anyway, I decided that it was time to go to sleep.
I had a very strange dream: A half man-half beast came to me, and hit me in the head with a bottle.

The next morning, I had a headache, and my ass was hurting really bad.

So, maybe it was aliens.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:38:35 PM »

I had one dream when I was about 16, of being in a fast food place and suddenly seeing a girl I hadn't seen since primary school days, which replicated itself exactly, to a T, in real life, about a year afterwards. that freaked me out and disturbed me a lot. don't know how that would be classed...supernatural deja-vu? it really freaked me out

seen the odd "weird lights" in the sky, suppose most people have though. And once saw a dark black figure standing in a driveway at dusk that we'd only just walked past, that looked like it was dressed in leather and chains, but we couldn't see the face, it was totally black. Me and my friend Neil both saw it. we carried on walking though and didn't go back. it was about maybe 3 meters away from us when we walked past the driveway, like a 4 foot tall figure stood still facing us. odd one that...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »

I got 3 curious incidents:

+ When I was living in a small house in the middle nowhere, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a couple standing to the side of my bed.  They was a light green glow to them and they were smiling at me.  I blinked and they were gone.

+ When I was spending the night at my grandma's house, I couldn't get to sleep at all.  It was past 12 and I was frustrated.  I sat up in my bed and hit myself in the face with my pillow a couple of times.  Then out of nowhere, it was daylight on the last hit.  I got nothing on that one.

+ I had friend over one time and we were my room.  He looked behind my bed to get something from behind it and then said he saw a ball of light past by him when he was looking.  I didn't see it, but that was a curious incident.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:25 PM »

I have seen or experienced things I cannot explain away to my satisfaction.

When my sister and I were in university our parents and younger siblings moved 1,200 miles away.  She and I were on our way back home after a visit and since she was doing all the driving (I don't drive) and she was tired we decided to stop for the night at a motel.  The room was "L"-shaped, with a bed in each end of the L.  Just before I went to sleep, I got a flash of a dark silhouette at the end of the bed my sister was in, facing her.  It was like a flat, black cutout of a man, holding a briefcase.  He had longish hair (I remember thinking it was a "Beatle" cut) and I 'saw' a Nehru collar on his jacket.  It was there and gone quite quickly. I said nothing about it and went to sleep.

The next day, about half an hour after we had got underway again, I asked my sister if she was alright as she looked a bit worn.  She said she had not slept well because she had felt like she was being watched all night.  I then told her about my impression - we both got goosebumps.

One of the stables I boarded my horse at had a spot in the corner of the indoor arena where every horse would spook.  This was not in itself too unusual as horses are sensitive creatures and small sounds, smells and/or movements can disturb them.  The story was that a broodmare belonging to the former property owner had had to be put down in that location, some years before.  One evening, as I took my horse into the arena, I got a flash image of a short-ish, wiry-built man with short mussed sandy hair, wearing a blue plaid work shirt with the sleeves rolled up, jeans and work boots, walking past me out of the arena door toward the stalls with his head down. Some time later I was chatting about the 'ghost' horse with some people who had been there a long time and I described the man to them.  They excitedly identified him as the broodmare owner - who was still alive.  Even later on, I was in another barn when the man in question walked in: I had never actually seen him before, but I recognized him immediately.

I had moved my horses from the first barn to this second farm just a few miles away.  Very shortly after the move, I was standing in an aisleway, talking with four fellow boarders, when we all heard distinctly the sound of shod hoofbeats walking through one of the other aisles.  Thinking one of the horses must have escaped its paddock, we all immediately ran to find and catch it.  We did not find any loose horse, and all the horses that were on the property were secure and accounted for.  The running joke for months was that I had brought the ghost horse from the other farm with me when I had moved my horses in.

Other things have happened, but they get kinda weird.  Wink  These days, I make an effort not to see anything. I think there is a lot of risk in walking around 'open'.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:02:59 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 10:07:17 AM »

I'm typically skeptical of such things. Not of the possibility of them, but of people. I think most people can't be trusted to be factual or objective with such stories.

However (he said), my wife's family are very much believers in the supernatural. They're from Ireland and catholic and, as culture may dictate to some degree, superstitious and receptive to the supernatural. There is a one event that I was witness to in Ireland that I wonder about.

The first time I visited Ireland with my wife, we flew into Dublin Airport, then took a 2-hour bus ride to Belfast (I think at the time it was much cheaper to fly into Dublin than straight into Belfast). Most of the bus ride is through the Irish countryside. We were riding through the middle of nowhere at one point. Just the rode, and surrounding farms and open country.

There was an old, gaunt man in an overcoat and hat standing along the side of the road, just standing there, watching the bus as it passed by. I thought it was odd that an old man would just be standing there in the middle of nowhere. He didn't look like a farmer, he was dressed more "city." I looked at my wife and she seemed very affected by it. She said that the man looked just like her grandfather who had passed away a couple of years before. He was a thin, gaunt man, who tended to where and overcoat and hat, and dressed very old-school "proper", tie and jacket much of the time, like many of the older generation from the British Isles tend to do, and based on the couple of photographs I had seen of him, I agreed that he resembled what I recalled from them.

She was convinced that it was the ghost of her grandfather, watching over family. It is strongly believed by her grandmother, and much of her family, that this man's spirit, and man who was widely and intensely beloved) is still around, watching over the family.

We discussed it the rest of the ride and I agreed that it was more than a bit strange that an old man, dressed as well as he was, was just standing by the road in the middle of nowhere, no nearby towns, no nearby car, no flagging the bus down for help or anything, just standing there watching the bus pass by. When we got to Belfast and she told her mother about it, there was an immediate connection and recognition of this being his spirit. Like, no hesitation whatsoever, and even, while treated as noteworthy, not exactly like it was out of the ordinary, like this was accepted and perfectly plausible.

Perhaps it was just being in the midst of a cultural acceptance of such things, but I found myself ready to accept it as well.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »

this one's not so much supernatural as an insane coincidence. my friend moved to torquay and after about 6 months he phoned me and said did I get his parcel. I said no, and he said that a few weeks earlier he had sent me a parcel, with a Britney Spears wall hanger in it that plays 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' when you press a button (he sent it for a joke obviously, this is not something I would actually want). anyway about 1 year goes by, and my friend decides to go travelling round Africa for the best part of a year, about 9-10 months he was gone for. So about a year later, a few days after he came back to England, he came to see me. This would've been the first time he's been to my place in about 2 years or more. and we ended up going for a few beers and by the end we were both pretty drunk so we crashed out at my place, because he had planned to drive back to torquay that night. the next morning, both pretty hungover, I stumbled down to check the post, and what should be in my box but a parcel?? took it back up and sure enough it was the Britney Spears thing, playing Hit Me Baby One More Time. That one day he was at my flat, the thing he'd sent me all that time ago somehow arrived in the post, 2 years late. very strange coincidence, we were both mystified. it has to be said though that it is also a slightly pointless coincidence that cannot have had any 'deeper meaning' lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:59:45 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 06:10:14 AM »

As a student one of my summer jobs was painting the interiors of houses.  In one particular older house there was a sheepskin rug crammed into the floor vent (one of the large ones: about a foot square): when we removed it in order to paint the grating, we could see all the way into a basement room.  There were symbols about the size of my hand, painted in black all over the walls - I recognized a few of them as zodiac symbols, the rest were pretty odd.  We did not do any painting in the basement, but a number of odd little happenings made life interesting while we were working there (about 3 weeks).  Tools and ladders moved and/or misplaced and later being returned when the house had been locked up (the owner was away on vacation - we were feeding her cat too), the cat who lived there noticeably avoiding certain areas of the floor and stairs, sounds like footstpes and voices (one painter swore she had a brief conversation with someone she had thought was me standing behind her as she painted up on a ladder - it wasn't), doors closing behind us, and a generally creepy feeling for all of us. Could have been the power of suggestion after we saw the 'symbol room' - but it's hard to credit that with all of it.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 07:36:30 AM »

okay so one time I was on Veterans Boulevard in Metaire, I saw a guy with a political poster. Now this is common, but it said "Beware of Long" (which means beware of Huey P. Long) this was at a stop light, but I blinked and he was gone.

yeah no.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »

The family farm is haunted on and off. There have never been constant, predictable phenomena like cold spots or anything, but at least one a generation something odd happens. For me, my sister and my cousins, we got the "privilege" of hearing knocks on the door inside the porch (it's a sort of indoor porch, we were alone, and both doors were locked). In retrospect that could have just been the wind since a storm was coming up and we'd left a window open, but I've never seen the wind open a door that had been dead bolted. It didn't even damage the frame or anything, just seemed to pass through somehow. A few moments later we heard the bath tub start running on its own (again, we were alone in the house and we were all within sight of each other). My cousins said they saw something like a white shroud of some sort go by the window, and then it stopped just as suddenly as it began.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to verify that this is what really happened. This is just how I remember it, and unfortunately it's been well documented that memories change over the years (you can even fabricate a story from someone else's childhood and convince them that it really did happen. Sometimes they'll swear they have memories of it happening, even though it didn't!).

That's my only "dramatic" story. Otherwise it's just been really mild stuff like seeing what I'm sure are shadow people out of the corner of my eye for a few years (there's no logical reason why I've seen people in hats dart by the second-story window) and a couple of odd photos from a ghost hunt my friends and I went on (I've yet to see another photo with glowing blue mist, even after our attempts to re-create it with our breath under various lighting conditions to try to rule that out). I'll have to check with my mother to see if she kept those photos.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

Speaking about strange photos...when I was away going to college and boarding with a friend from my high school days. Well let's just say said friend got into some weird stuff. After a while of considering becoming a priest, he suddenly made a dramatic turn and decided he wanted to become a satanist. He even started trying to cast spells and put curses on people. Needless to say, I became pretty wary of him at this point. Anyways there was another boarder at the place who just annoyed the heck out of both of us as he was a really clinging type who tried way too hard to be your friend sort of person. Anyways my friend decided to put a curse upon him and attempted to cast a spell upon him. I have no idea of any of this stuff ever worked (as my friend also seemed to have bizarre notions about the Necrominicon, but I will say that I did see a photo later taken of this poor fellow (kind of feel sorry for the guy in retrospect) in which above his head in the photograph was a little halo ring that seemed to be on fire!  Buggedout It just looked utterly bizarre and really creeped me out. Anyways I later got away from this friend and felt a lot better for it although this later was the same house in which I had the sheet style "old hag" ghostly encounter I  mentioned above.

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »

Speaking about strange photos...when I was away going to college and boarding with a friend from my high school days. Well let's just say said friend got into some weird stuff. After a while of considering becoming a priest, he suddenly made a dramatic turn and decided he wanted to become a satanist. He even started trying to cast spells and put curses on people. Needless to say, I became pretty wary of him at this point. Anyways there was another boarder at the place who just annoyed the heck out of both of us as he was a really clinging type who tried way too hard to be your friend sort of person. Anyways my friend decided to put a curse upon him and attempted to cast a spell upon him. I have no idea of any of this stuff ever worked (as my friend also seemed to have bizarre notions about the Necrominicon, but I will say that I did see a photo later taken of this poor fellow (kind of feel sorry for the guy in retrospect) in which above his head in the photograph was a little halo ring that seemed to be on fire!  Buggedout It just looked utterly bizarre and really creeped me out. Anyways I later got away from this friend and felt a lot better for it although this later was the same house in which I had the sheet style "old hag" ghostly encounter I  mentioned above.

I've got a book on my branch of paganism's general view on magic (I don't practise myself, but I thought it'd be interesting to learn about how other people interpret and practise the teachings). Our general concensus on curses is that the type of magic you use leaves a sort of imprint on you, kind of like karma. Good, helpful spells attract good vibes of sorts to the caster, while harmful ones attract bad vibes to the caster. Supposedly casting harmful spells like curses can attract so much bad "karma" that even your attempts to cast a good spell later can have negative results. I don't necessarily believe in spells, but the type a person chooses to cast definitely reflects on them as a person.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Ghost Stories, UFO Encounters, Supernatural Happenings. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.