Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 03:48:12 AM
586777 Posts in 45205 Topics by 5994 Members
Latest Member: Georgenabe
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters.  (Read 2404 times)
ER
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The world becomes a dream....

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »

Yesterday afternoon my daughter, who is turning nine Saturday, went out front after she got home from school, to get this leaf off the driveway, which was slick after rain, and she slipped and hit her head. She came in and said, "I think my scalp is bleeding." And it was, it was bleeding badly from a small gash the rough pavement had made.

I thought about taking her to the emergency room, which was my first inclination, head injuries being tricky things, but it really was more of a surface scrape than an impact injury with a knot or like that, so I cleaned it up put a band-aid on it said take it easy the rest of the day.

Her first reaction: "I can't take it easy, I have to do my homework and job chart stuff."

"I'll do your jobs for you, and don't worry right now about the homework."

"No, I can't, I have to do it all."

"You got hurt, just rest for now."

"I can't, I have to do my jobs."

"Well you're not going to do either for now, so lie down before dinner and watch TV and let me know if your head hurts any worse."

She looked at me like I was out of my mind and seemed more upset by me letting her out of everything than she did by the fact she'd scraped her scalp open after falling. Free pass out of homework and yet she was throwing a fit about wanting to do it? What alien life form hath I delivered unto this world?

So she sat tight but every few minutes she'd say, "I'm better, so can I start my homework yet?"

Me, I'd put my homework off as long as I could when I was eight (or eighteen), she wanted hers out of the way first thing. Finally I said fine, sit there and do your homework. As soon as I said that she looked relieved and dove into it. 

The evening wore on and she didn't feel dizzy or sick at her stomach or the like, it was a scrape not a knock to the head, but it still worried me enough to where I got a second and third opinion about whether she should be seen by someone. She, however, kept saying, "I'm OK." And she did seem fine, so we never went, I did put my foot down and would not let her do her job chart tasks (little things around the house we all do off a chart) she relaxed the rest of the day and fell asleep on the sofa by me and stayed downstairs til I went up late at night.

I told her this morning, "I'd like you to stay home from school today. We'll get your assignments later."

Well, you'd think I'd told her to throw away her every creed and value she held dear. She really, really wanted to go to school and made no secret of it. I tried to explain to her this was a GOOD thing, a day off, free time, fun, it's almost her birthday, we'd do something nice. It was a gift in itself.

Nooooooo, she wanted to go to school and worked herself up into a lather telling me she did.  Didn't I understand, she HAD to be there, she HAD to go.

Why, I asked? Was it a special day?

"Because I HAVE to, it's what I'm SUPPOSED to do!!! I have to be there EVERY DAY!!!"

Fine....

I ended up driving her in after all and she only got a tardy, not an absence, and even the tardy was bugging her.

Man, I just do not get why that child feels the sense of responsibility she does, but she never wants to miss church, soccer practice, school or anything else she feels she is obligated to attend. She not only does her own little chores around the house but goes beyond it and makes her bed prettier than I have ever made a bed in my life. At school she even seeks out extra credit on her own!

It just isn't natural at all, and I am scared. A teenage flirtation with Swedish Death Metal you expect, but this stage at her age....it's something freaky indeed.

"If I should meet thee after long years,

How shall I greet thee? With silence, and tears."

--Lord Byron
316zombie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »

nah, it's just her karma to be like this in THIS lifespan.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 10:51:00 PM »

So I am reviewing my sophomores today for our World History test on the Roman Empire, and I'm summing up a definition of the Emperor Nero for them.  I mentioned that, besides likely poisoning his uncle/adoptive father Claudius, he also killed his pregnant wife Poppea Sabina by kicking and stomping her to death.  Besides the usual expressions of disgust/horror, there were a couple of looks of puzzlement.
"How do you kick someone to death?" someone asked.
"Basically you throw them on the floor and jump up and down on them till they die," I explained.

At which one kid said: "He probably thought 'Man, this trampoline SUCKS!' "

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

I told him that was wrong on a quantum level.

"Carpe diem!" - Seize the day!  "Carpe per diem!" - Seize the daily living allowance! "Carpe carp!" - Seize the fish!
"Carpe Ngo Diem!" - Seize the South Vietnamese Dictator!
Trevor
South African Film Activist & Troublemaker at Badmovies.org
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2017, 07:22:18 AM »

"How do you kick someone to death?" someone asked.
"Basically you throw them on the floor and jump up and down on them till they die," I explained.

At which one kid said: "He probably thought 'Man, this trampoline SUCKS!' "

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

I told him that was wrong on a quantum level.

BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

As time goes by, you will see
That we're going to be free, you and me
We'll touch the sky
Can you see in your mind's eye that we are one
We're all the same and life is just a simple game.
AoTFan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2017, 12:44:43 AM »

I haven't yet read all the way through this thread, but I'm hoping someone Eve posted an erotic tale or two....
ER
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The world becomes a dream....

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

I haven't yet read all the way through this thread, but I'm hoping someone Eve posted an erotic tale or two....

For you, an erotic tale.

Once upon a time in the days when Byron was but a boy and the king was mad, there did live upon the generous bosom of the green and fertile land of Merry Olde England a highwayman named Percy Lowerbulge, who enjoyed a reputation far and wide as a lover of most extreme deftness, so that all the ladies from the inner garment district to the moist lowlands swooned at the mere whisper of his infamous name.

"Percy...." they'd secretly coo in the dark, abed but fully awake. "Percy...."

One moonlit evening this handsome highwayman, well-endowed with a storied reputation, mounted on a heaving black stallion named Dickin, stopped the Brighton to Somerset coach, and as he pointed his long, long pistol and called, "Stand and deliver!" a comely lass named Lacey Bottoms, from the town of Maidenhead, stepped forth and said from behind the fan which modestly covered her face, "I am merely a poor soul, sir, and have but one jewel to my name. Surely you would not pluck my jewel by force?"

The virile highwayman let his eyes travel from this girl's crown to her ankles and slowly back up again, noting that her curves were like that of the Thames as it snakes toward the sea, and her skin was as unblemished as the moon reflected in a mountain spring. He smiled and saucily replied, "Indeed, lass, I would not, for never in my career have I had to steal that which ever would freely be given me."

"Well, first sir," the young lady said with a demure batting of her eye and a flush upon her bosom, "you needs must locate my jewel."

"Into the woods let us go then," Percy the Highwayman called up lustily. "And I shall find it in three seconds, though taking it I assure you shall require pleasantly longer."

A moment later the other passengers were intrigued to hear such a stirring in the dark woods as to raise all eyebrows and quicken every heart. There was the noise of cloth ripping and sighs echoing, followed by a bashing and crashing amid the trees as bushes shook and birds flew and some said the ground itself quaked through many upward thrusts....of the hands of a clock.

At last just as from some direction a cock did crow there came a throaty scream so that the coachman poked the baggage handler and said, "Well that's done then, ain't it?"

A moment later the lass, Lacey Bottoms, returned, her dress wrinkled, her hair undone, and all were dismayed to see it was with the highway's severed head, swinging it from a length of rope.

As the other passengers stared aghast, this young girl, whose name was not truly Lacey Bottoms, but Sweet Mary the Bounty Hunter, explained, "Well I 'ad to give 'im one last swivvy 'fore I got me twenty Guineas 'Dead or Alive' reward, didn't I?"

And that's how my six times great grandmother paid for her passage to America, and how my five times great grandfather was born nine months later.

"If I should meet thee after long years,

How shall I greet thee? With silence, and tears."

--Lord Byron
AoTFan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »

Opps, that should be someWHERE. 

Yeesh.
316zombie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2017, 11:42:01 PM »

i admit, i WAS a little curious about who you were calling eve, lol!
AoTFan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2017, 11:54:14 PM »

i admit, i WAS a little curious about who you were calling eve, lol!

ER's real name is Eve.  I think it's kind weird to call someone "ER" so she said I could call her Eve.  :)
316zombie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2017, 12:08:58 AM »

i probably knew that in the past and forgot..btw,you can call me barri, if you like. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.