Main Menu

Randonautica

Started by ER, August 25, 2020, 04:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

People keep telling me this whole "wish manifestation via mind-reading technology" thing sounds evil, because it can lead to encounters with negative entities. I keep thinking that would make for a pretty sweet deal for a Lifetime movie.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

WTF are you even talking about?
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 27, 2020, 08:43:36 AM
If I had to walk to go find a book, using my telephone., I would be in deep s**t. The nearest book store is in Kalamazoo, which is 20 miles from here.

or you find a book 700 feet away somewhere unexpected. That's the whole fun of randonauting, you'll never know where it takes you  :teddyr:

RCMerchant

Quote from: claws on August 27, 2020, 11:38:01 AM
Quote from: RCMerchant on August 27, 2020, 08:43:36 AM
If I had to walk to go find a book, using my telephone., I would be in deep s**t. The nearest book store is in Kalamazoo, which is 20 miles from here.

or you find a book 700 feet away somewhere unexpected. That's the whole fun of randonauting, you'll never know where it takes you  :teddyr:

I find books 2 feet from me. It's called a bookshelf in my bed room.
I'm one of those weird people who actually has been reading and collecting books for decades.
And I don't need a phone app to explore outside. Christ! Are people so lame they need a phone app to figure s**t out? Just drop your phone for a minute and check out the real world!
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

You should try going on a quest sometime, Ron. Might change your outlook on life in a positive way.

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on August 27, 2020, 04:20:25 PM
You should try going on a quest sometime, Ron. Might change your outlook on life in a positive way.

Buy staring at my phone? I can discover s**t without an app to tell me where to go.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

You're more curmudgeonly than usual, Ronny. Everything OK?

RCMerchant

Yeah. I'm fine. I get in moods where I'm disillusioned by the state of the world.  :bluesad:
I don't express it at home, Tiana has way to much on her plate working at the nursing home in the middle of a pandemic. So I vent here. I'm sorry if I unload too much onto you fine folks.  :bluesad:
Truth is, I can't walk too far. I get short of breath just walking to the mailbox sometimes.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

Yes, it's a messed up world, no denying. Venting among old friends sometimes isn't a bad thing. Hang in there. (And vitamin E could maybe help you.)

Allhallowsday

ER : Vitamin E?  That's so 1970s.   :thumbup: :teddyr:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 27, 2020, 02:27:17 PM
Just drop your phone for a minute and check out the real world!

I did, but the real world is so depressing I can only stand it with booze and drugs  :bluesad:

ER

Quote from: Allhallowsday on August 27, 2020, 10:47:47 PM
ER : Vitamin E?  That's so 1970s.   :thumbup: :teddyr:
Yeah, cuz the human body reinvents its physiology every decade.

Paquita

I keep wanting to go on a Randonautica hunt but my husband keeps pooh-poohing it!  He doesn't get it either.  Though, in his defense, it has tried to get us to go into places like a corn field or a church parking.  I'm going to try to trick him into doing it this weekend.