Main Menu

Know any up and coming stars who died in a sci-fi movie?

Started by Francesca, September 30, 2002, 06:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francesca

Hi it's me again!
Thanks to anyone who replied to my last e-mail, i was looking for any clues on stars before they were famous appearing in bad movies. However i'm now looking for something more specific, I would love to know of any scenes where there's a young star before they hit the big time, dying a humble death in a sci-fi movie. I know it's a shot in the dark but you came up trumps last time!
Thanks
Francesca

Fearless Freep

Again, Johnny Depp (is he a star?) In "A Nightmare On Elm Street"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting

Vermin Boy

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????

Dano

Bill Paxton has come into a respectable movie career (though he's not quite a "star") after his death in 1985's Aliens.  Also Paul Reiser died in that (again, not really a "star" in the "Cover-of-People" sense).

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"

Susan

Speaking of Bill Paxton, does anyone remember if he actually died "Terminator"  or just got his clothes stolen? It's been awhile and I don't own the movie. (and btw he'll always be "chet" to me!)

Dano

I thought it was a big tough biker type who got his clothes stolen in Terminator.  I don't recall Paxton being in that one.

Dano

Dano

Dano

J.R.

Brad Pitt was taken out by a power drill in the cheap slasher Cutting Class.

Kelly Hu (from the Scorpion King and the upcoming X-Men 2, so she might be a star) was stabbed with a shard of broken glass in Friday The 13th Part VIII.

And Bill Paxton was in the Terminator.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~

Vermin Boy

It was actually a blue-haired punk, played by a young Bill Paxton (and personally, I can't take anything the guy's in seriously after seeing him as the perverted redneck bastard in The Dark Backward).
-Vermin Boy

AndyC

That's right. The biker was actually in Terminator 2, and Paxton in the original.

I agree with Susan, that Paxton will always be Chet Donnelly. That was the first role I saw him in, and most of his roles have been basically variations on the same pushy loudmouth. He's very good at it. I don't think I saw him play anything else until Twister. Even then, I was waiting for him to ask Helen Hunt if he could butter her muffin.

Weird Science rules.

raj

On the flip side, Ralph Waite (John Walton!) dies in Crash & Burn, a circa 1990 Full Moon video.  Ouch.

Vermin Boy

I realize that raising a dead thread is generally frowned upon, but I just found this out and had to post it: In Mars Attacks!, the illfated Billy Glen Norris (redneck brother of our misfit hero) is none other than a young Jack Black!
-Vermin Boy

Ash

Whenever I think of Bill Paxton, I think of "True Lies" where he plays the sleazy used car salesman.  
"And a pair of titties!  Make ya wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk.  Ass like a 10 year old boy!"  
WHAM!!!  as Arnie slams him with the backside of his fist!

"Please mister, I'm not worth a bullet.  I'm nothing!  I'm navel lint!  I have to lie to women to get laid.  I...I don't score much.  I've got a little dick, it's pathetic!  Oh Oh God!  Would a spy pee himself huh!!??"  You're gonna shoot me!  As soon as I turn my back you're gonna shoot me!"
"Get lost dips**t!"
BANG BANG BANG!!!!

Neville

Robert Englund before playing Freddy Krueger died in the trashy space opera "Galaxy of terror" (1981).
Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.