Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:25:46 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VIRUS (1980) - An all-star fiasco! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VIRUS (1980) - An all-star fiasco!  (Read 1410 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 24, 2005, 06:15:50 PM »

Here is yet ANOTHER selection from the CHILLING CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK.  First of all, the cast:

* Glenn Ford (President of the U.S.)

* Robert Vaughn (U.S. Senator - - for the sake of all that is righteous in the world, HOW MANY TIMES DID ROBERT VAUGHN PLAY A SENATOR IN HIS ACTING CAREER??????)

* Henry Silva (representing the military)

* Chuck Conners (commander of a British [??????] submarine)

* George Kennedy (keeping an eye on things in Antarctica)

* Bo Svenson (I guess his appearance in a movie like this was inevitable)

* Olivia Hussey (another bad career choice)

* Edward James Olmos (when he was known as Edward J. Olmos)

* Sonny Chiba (he was smart enough to take a very SMALL role in this movie)

Keep in mind that this is a Japanese production.

Here we go (hold on tight - POTENTIAL SEMI-SPOILERS - as if you care):

A deadly virus is accidentally unleashed, quickly wiping out most of the human race.  The virus becomes dormant in cold weather, so the folks at a research station in Antarctica feel pretty safe.  The survivors in Antarctica consist of over 800 men and only 8 women.  They hold an important meeting where the men tell the women that they are required to have sex with any and all of the men.  No monogamous relationships are allowed!  Before long, an earthquake in the Atlantic Ocean threatens to set off the U.S.'s automated defense system, which would launch an arsenal of nuclear missiles and wipe out what's left of the world!  Fortunately, Bo Svenson knows the EXACT location of the secret room below the White House where the missiles can be deactivated, so he hitches a ride on Chuck Connors' submarine, and . . . well . . . need I say more?

Fun, thrills, boredom, hilarity, and a bunch of desperate actors in search of an easy paycheck.  Don't miss this one!

Post Edited (10-24-05 18:17)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 07:58:23 PM »

I don't think I've seen this one yet. ADROMEDA STRAIN is one of my favorite virus films. THE STAND started out good then lost my interest. The one with Dustin Hoffman was good at the begining also. I think once the Virus breaks out they have trouble following up the stories.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 06:08:32 PM »

The Dustin Hoffman movie is Outbreak

Isn't there a Steven Segal virus movie too?
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 07:11:41 AM »

I think the only movie I ever saw called Virus was the 1999 film with Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Sutherland.

They along with Billy Baldwin are salvage operators that run across a Russian research ship that's been taken over by an alien electronic virus. You know one of those things that takes over machines and likes to build other machines and adds human body parts into the mix. Kinda reminded me of a cheapo that starred Walter Koenig called Moon Trap.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VIRUS (1980) - An all-star fiasco! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.