which movie to watch? - during quarantine

Started by VenomX73, March 27, 2020, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomX73

out of the 2? I've never seen them... they both look (bad) good  :wink:

Snow beast (1977)

or

The House That Dripped Blood (1971)
Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

Rev. Powell

Haven't seen either, but I'd go with THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD, for two obvious reasons.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

VenomX73

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

chefzombie

MOST DEF house that dripped blood, you will ADORE it! * even without the 2 "prominent" reasons for  guys to watch , t's a great movie! * my sister and i " MSTed" it at christmas, watch for the "senior" senior picture moments from peter cushing at the river, lol! * :cheers:
don't EVEN...EVER!

RCMerchant

I just watched another Amicus anthology on Tubie- DR.TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS (1965)  :thumbup:!

http://youtu.be/PrGUmb-5-uM
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

chefzombie

i own the majority of amicus and hammer anthologies, along  with a jillion others, i'm a bit of a fiend for anthologies, lol! tht's a good one too, ronny! * should i mention the amount of daw anthologies i own?  :wink:*
don't EVEN...EVER!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: VenomX73 on March 27, 2020, 07:40:45 PM
out of the 2? I've never seen them... they both look (bad) good  :wink:

Snow beast (1977)

That image is not from the 1977 SNOWBEAST it's from a 2011 SNOW BEAST.  I made that same mistake at CHFB.

The 1977 SNOWBEAST is wonderful made-for-TV junk food.  I love that movie, it's perfect.  You should watch that...also.  
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

I love Snowbeast. Sure its cheesy but they sort of went out of their way to make it kind of special. Great cast and setting. Plot obviously rips off Jaws but it is still a fun timewaster in my opinion.

zombie no.one

Quote from: chefzombie on March 27, 2020, 09:05:58 PM
i own the majority of amicus and hammer anthologies, along 
I own a few, but not HOUSE... it's a good one, but Jon Pertwee's section is amazingly dumb. think they should've scrapped or re-done that part

NIGHTMARE CITY would make some good virus-watching!
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

RCMerchant

Quote from: zombie no.one on March 28, 2020, 09:10:49 AM
I own a few, but not HOUSE... it's a good one, but Jon Pertwee's section is amazingly dumb. think they should've scrapped or re-done that part

I agree...but it does have Ingrid Pitt displaying her... ugh...fangs!
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

indianasmith

I've been binge-watching THE BOYS on Amazon Prime.
Great series!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

LilCerberus

I've had GRIT TV on with the sound turned down while listening to Spotify.....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Quote from: indianasmith on March 28, 2020, 09:52:16 AM
I've been binge-watching THE BOYS on Amazon Prime.
Great series!

I loved that show. Hoping to see season 2 out there soon (last I heard was mid-2020). In the meantime enjoy and try not to have nightmares about the head scene.  :buggedout:

EDIT: Oh, and if you've not seen it already and you enjoy this show, you might also like Umbrella Acadamy.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

zombie no.one

Quote from: RCMerchant on March 28, 2020, 09:18:19 AM
Quote from: zombie no.one on March 28, 2020, 09:10:49 AM

I agree...but it does have Ingrid Pitt displaying her... ugh...fangs!
I'm more of a molars guy myself...

also JP does drop some wise words

"That's what's wrong with your present day horror films. There's no realism. Not like the old ones...the great ones."  :thumbup:
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

chefzombie

i agree on the JP story, mostly, but it WAS pretty funny when i first saw it at the drivein,lol!
* i hadn't planned on being online today, but since my husband is in "beatles anthology" mode, AGAIN, i got bored.*
don't EVEN...EVER!