Main Menu

THE Anchor Bay Collection!

Started by KYGOTC, June 22, 2007, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYGOTC

So what all does this MIGHTY colection contain? I know it has RE-ANIMATOR, PHANTASM, PHANTASM 3, (why'd they skip 2?) and I think Night of the Living Dorks in in there too.

I'd like to nab this entire set, as it seems to have some AWXSOME titles in it, but I dont know what all there is and when its all comming out.

Anyone wanna fill me in? Please and thank you!
"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"

DodgingGrunge

At the beginning of the year, this was big news.  According to Mark Ward, VP of Acquisitions, "Not only will the Anchor Bay Collection create definitive, archival editions of some of the greatest horror films ever made, but also embrace the best in cult films as well."  But I haven't heard anything since.  Anchor Bay Entertainment is now officially Starz Home Entertainment and their website doesn't contain any information about what titles will be included.  For all I know, the project may have been suspended all together.

As far as I can tell, the three titles you mentioned are it:  Re-Animator, Phantasm, Phantasm 3.
++josh;

Jordan

KYGOTC, to answer your question, "Phantasm 2" is proprety of Universal. I heard rumors that they were releasing the movie on DVD somtime this year.... hopefully......
-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----

Mr_Vindictive

Currently the only films in the Anchor Bay collection are the ones you mentioned KYGOTC.  Phantasm 1 & 3, and Re-Animator.  I have the Re-Animator disc, which I reviewed at it's time of release, and it's great.  I passed on Phantasm 1 and 3 as I picked up that Region 2 sphere set.

Phantasm 2 is still owned by Universal as Jordan said.  They've never felt the need to release it to DVD or to hand it over to Anchor Bay or Coscarelli which is a shame.  It's one of the better films in the series and one that seriously needs a release stateside.

As for Night Of The Living Dorks, it's not part of their Anchor Bay Collection.  It's still a hell of a fun film and one that's worth picking up on DVD. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.

Torgo

Quote from: Jordan on June 22, 2007, 12:49:26 PM
KYGOTC, to answer your question, "Phantasm 2" is proprety of Universal. I heard rumors that they were releasing the movie on DVD somtime this year.... hopefully......

They had always said that they weren't going to ever release it on DVd, but I've read that they're finally bowing to fan/public pressure.
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

KYGOTC

Quote from: Torgo on June 22, 2007, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Jordan on June 22, 2007, 12:49:26 PM

They had always said that they weren't going to ever release it on DVd, but I've read that they're finally bowing to fan/public pressure.

Thank Gawd. And DodgingGrunge, that REEEELY sucks that the whole project might be canceled. They looked like they coulda put alot more good ones out. I hope they pick it up again.

[/quote]
"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"