Main Menu

Internet questions thread

Started by Patient7, September 13, 2008, 02:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghouck

Quote from: BTM on September 28, 2008, 10:20:06 PM
Quote from: CheezeFlixz on September 28, 2008, 11:31:57 AM
I keep thinking one day I'm going to go online and just get a page that says ...

"The Internet is closed."

Ah, don't worry, that will never happen.  Even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse where the TV stations are being tightly controlled by the government, local ISPs will still be  somehow miraculously still be running! 

:)

So will the DMV, since Zombies will mistake the employees for other Zombies and not attack them.
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution

Patient7

It just occured to me, if you click on a google image and it turns out later that the website is not free, do you still have to pay for that website?
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.

Menard

Quote from: Patient7 on October 18, 2008, 09:26:18 PM
It just occured to me, if you click on a google image and it turns out later that the website is not free, do you still have to pay for that website?

And how are they going to charge you? :tongueout:

If an image that Google has picked up on an image search turns out to be from a pay site, and is a paid image, the link will take you to to an introductory or trial page to try to get you to sign up for their services.

So long as you have not given a company your credit card, paypal, or (eeegad) bank account information, they cannot charge you for anything as they do not have a way to do it.

Patient7

Quote from: Menard on October 18, 2008, 09:58:01 PM
Quote from: Patient7 on October 18, 2008, 09:26:18 PM

And how are they going to charge you? :tongueout:

If an image that Google has picked up on an image search turns out to be from a pay site, and is a paid image, the link will take you to to an introductory or trial page to try to get you to sign up for their services.

So long as you have not given a company your credit card, paypal, or (eeegad) bank account information, they cannot charge you for anything as they do not have a way to do it.

Thank you, virtual karma, and I figured they'd tack it on to you're phone bill.
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.