Main Menu

Things your folks told you about yourself as a child?

Started by Trevor, October 19, 2011, 04:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: The Burgomaster on October 19, 2011, 01:06:18 PM
That I was a miserable bastard and I should go outside and play and stop tracking mud all over the goddamn carpet and they hoped I'd have kids who acted just like me some day.

:buggedout: :buggedout:

I'm glad of two things: 1) that I know you and 2) that I've never met your folks.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Trevor

Quote from: Pillow on October 19, 2011, 01:14:21 PM
Akin to Burgomaster, I was often told that I was a useless c**t who was not able to do anything good.

Bloody hell.......  :buggedout: That sounds like what all my teachers minus one said about me.

Trevor

Quote from: Flick James on October 19, 2011, 05:42:05 PM
Cheers to your adoptive parents, Trevor. I myself was partially raised, and in a far more competant manner than my biological father, by a step. He was a great man and a true patriarch. It's nice to hear that a legal system favored the well-being of the child. It disgusts me that in the U.S., it seems as if the system is designed to keep children in f**ked up families, raised by f**k-up parents that don't want them, while people who genuinely want children but are biologically limited have to adopt kids from China or Russia.

Thanks, Flick. My sister and brother adopted Thandi and then, almost a month after taking her in, my sis found out that she was expecting. Now Uncle Zombie [me] has a niece and nephew and I love them to bits. They're a handful but I luv 'em anyway.  :smile: