Main Menu

Bad Movie Radio

Started by Andrew, August 07, 2002, 11:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Well, after a few hitches caused by my military obligations, it looks like late this Saturday (okay, 12:30AM very early Sunday morning) I will be on Radio SciFi out of Orlando, AM 580, to talk about science fiction b-movies.

The show will also be available over the Internet at their web address: //www.radioscifi.net

Over the past two years I have been on radio a number of times and usually it is pretty good fun.  I think the real reason is to get in touch with a few more lost b-movie fans, so that they know we are all out here congregating on the web.  Regardless, I just love talking about movies to anyone else with like interests.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Luke Bannon

That's good. I won't be able to here it though.

yaddo42

Since it's Orlando, is that 12:30 am Eastern time?

I'm actually off this weekend, I may try to catch it over the Web. Cool.

Lee

Since I'm not in Orlando looks like I'll be using the net. Look forward to hearin what ya got to say. Later.

Andrew

Finished up about twenty minutes ago and the group at the station was a pleasure to speak with.  They were laughing as they shared some of their own stories.  Happy people, who also love b-movies, are people I can easily talk to.  Okay, I am a maniacal extrovert and rarely have problems talking to anyone, but I do love talking about movies.

Hopefully a few more people will read the site and find some movies they want to see.  What a time to have "Eliminators" on the front page.  Of course, people who have seen the film usually like it, so maybe that is not such a bad thing.

Maybe a late night local TV or radio show would be a good hobby after I get out of the Corps and settle down.  The topic?  Why, bad movies of course!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Flangepart

Sounds good to me, dude! Web stream or over the air, we'd be proud to know ye.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"

Fearless Freep

> What a time to have "Eliminators" on the front page. Of course, people who have seen the film usually like it, so maybe that is not such a bad thing.

I saw it, I liked it.  I was surprised your review did not give 'celebrity credit' to Denise Crosby like you usually do

Lee

Andrew, considering how good you were on the radio, I think it would rock if you had your very own show. You could tackle a different bad movie(or series of) each week(or daily, depending on how often the show is). Makes me wanna check it out now!

Andrew

A radio show that I could talk about b-movies would be lots of fun.  The hard thing about doing interviews is that, of course, I do not know the people.  You have to let the radio host sort of guide you to the subjects they want to talk about.  (Hey, it is their show.  They slave over it all the time, I am just a guest.)  

Give me a show with regular cohosts, like some of the other webmasters or old friends who also like b-movies, and we could get on a roll.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Nathan Shumate

Hey, your sidekick's waiting right here in the wings, pal.

Nathan