Main Menu

British scary movie

Started by Viktorcrayon, February 16, 2007, 09:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viktorcrayon

Can anyone help me finding this movie?

It was a british. Probably a TV production (But very well done). Probably made in the early-mid 90'ies.

Plot: Something about a guy, that for some reason has to go out and stay in a house, that get's "cut of" because of the tide. There used to live a lady there, and he listens to old recordings she made herself, reads her diaries and so forth.

Slowly strange things start to take place. He has a dog with him, that runs out in the dark, and never comes back.

Theres a scene where he can hear this thumping sound, and it comes from a room, where the door is locked, and out of frustation he finds a hatchet to break the door down, but as soon as he get's there, the door is open, and the thumping turns out to come from a ball of sorts.

Theres something in the plot with a small tin soldier, that he wakes up with in his hand.

Theres also a scene where he get's attacked by the old lady, while he's lying in his bed.

The title might be something along the lines of "the black lady".

Anyone seen this??? I wan't to see it again, but i can't find it.

I saw it while i was pretty young, and it's probably the scariest film i have ever seen. It gave me 3 sleepless nights.

Dubal

You might want to check out The Woman in Black.  It is a british production made around 89 or so.  I think that might be your movie.

Checking on IMDB the plot sounds similiar to what you are describing.

Viktorcrayon

Good lord, Dubal. I have been browsing through IMDB for ages, but for some reason the obvious "woman in black" didn't pop up.

This is almost embarresing!!!  :bouncegiggle:

Anyhoo, i will look forward to seing it again!!!

Have anyone else seen it??? It's completely awesome, as far as i remember at least.

Dubal

Glad I could help you out.

I would love to get my hands on this little gem. One of the best made for TV horror movies out there.  Definitely needs to be re-released on DVD.

Viktorcrayon

Yeah, thats the thing. I just realized it's not available on DVD any longer!!!

What a bummer.

Gerry

Definitely THE WOMAN IN BLACK.  One of the scariest movies EVER!  The scenes occur just as you have described.  The script was by Nigel Kneale of "Quatermass" fame.

Viktorcrayon

Glad to see others have enjoyed this flick.

DistantJ

The Woman in Black I believe is actually also a stage play.

My sister went to see it and it scared the absolute shyte out of her.

Viktorcrayon

Indeed, it is. I'd like to see it!

DistantJ

I just got me a copy of it.  :teddyr:

Viktorcrayon

DistantJ

It is on DVD, yeah.

But if I told you how I got a copy I'd probably be violating the rules of this board. ;) It's just to watch once and then delete, though.

Viktorcrayon

Ah, ok. I get it. Say no more.