Main Menu

I met one of my film heroes last week.....

Started by Trevor, June 16, 2007, 06:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

:smile:

As most of you know, films have been part of my life since I was a very small child and films now earn me my bread and butter, with a little jam on the butter. A little jam, followed by generous helpings of flies and stinkbugs.  :buggedout:

Last week at a gala function in Bloemfontein, I was fortunate enough to meet James Ryan, the man who starred in the feature film Kill & Kill Again, which was the first martial arts film I saw as a child. He doesn't seem to have changed that much if at all, is very gracious and humble: he is also very aware of the fanbase that he has as a result of this film and its' prequel, Karate Olympia, a.k.a. Kill Or Be Killed.

Nice to know that one of my childhood heroes hasn't developed feet of clay.  :smile:

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Raffine

Great story! Good for you.  :cheers:

I was afraid this was going to be an account of a bloody, violent encounter with Uwe Boll.
If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

Andrew

Something I've noticed is that a large number of actors and actresses from the low budget and b-movie crowd are pretty cool people in person.  They do not receive so much attention that they start to despise it and are, as you put it, quite humble.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Snivelly

Quote from: Raffine on June 16, 2007, 09:22:53 AM
Great story! Good for you.  :cheers:

I was afraid this was going to be an account of a bloody, violent encounter with Uwe Boll.

:bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

Since he mentioned him recently I did too!  That's a neat story Trevor.   :smile:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.