Main Menu

Handed In My Resignation

Started by odinn7, July 03, 2008, 11:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odinn7

I just handed in my letter of resignation today and will be moving on in a few short weeks to a new, better position. This company has been holding me back long enough so I decided it was time to move on. Actually, I have my a***ole brother in law to thank...it was his back stabbing as the shop supervisor and trying to undermine what I do that finally got me to get off my ass and find something.

I'll be getting a $2 an hour raise, guaranteed raises yearly, and they will even pay for my daughters insurance which is costing me $84 a week right now. I couldn't pass that up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.

trekgeezer

Congrats Odinn7, I've been there and done that but I didn't have job lined up. When I went to work where I am now I took a big pay cut, but after 10 years I finally moved up to management and got a big bump up in pay.

Sometimes you have to leave just for your sanity, although the insurance thing is pretty scary when you don't have it.

By the way, I hope everyone knows that I pulled a Sco...I mean  Conan on the screen names. Hopefully no one here is dense enough to have missed it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.

odinn7

Thanks Trek....I mean....uh....Kirok

Mofo Rising

Well, congratulations. I wish you luck on your future endeavor.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

AndyC

Karma to you, Odinn. Too many people cling to jobs they don't like.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

Patient7

Karma to Odinn7.  And Kirok is Trekgeezer :buggedout:?   
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.

Andrew

Odinn, best wishes and I hope you are much happier.  Being happy at what you do every day makes a world of difference in a person.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

CheezeFlixz

Best of luck in the new job, I've always told people if you don't like where you're at move. This is the land of opportunity.

Trevor

Quote from: odinn7 on July 03, 2008, 11:14:21 AM
I just handed in my letter of resignation today and will be moving on in a few short weeks to a new, better position. This company has been holding me back long enough so I decided it was time to move on. Actually, I have my a***ole brother in law to thank...it was his back stabbing as the shop supervisor and trying to undermine what I do that finally got me to get off my ass and find something.

I'll be getting a $2 an hour raise, guaranteed raises yearly, and they will even pay for my daughters insurance which is costing me $84 a week right now. I couldn't pass that up.

Congratulations, Odinn: best wishes and I hope all will go well for you.  :smile:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Trevor

Quote from: I am Kirok! on July 03, 2008, 11:29:53 AM
By the way, I hope everyone knows that I pulled a Sco...I mean  Conan on the screen names. Hopefully no one here is dense enough to have missed it.

:smile: The odd thing is, the day before I noticed you'd changed your screen name, I was reading Alan Asherman's book on Star Trek OS where he writes in depth about every OS episode and the first six films. The episode I was reading about was The Paradise Syndrome where Kirk becomes a brave warrior named Kirok.  :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

odinn7

Thanks everyone. The job was really eating at me the last few years and just became too much. The BIL was the final straw in all of it.

I already feel much better physically and mentally and it's only been a few days since I was told I have the job.

JPickettIII

Congratulations on your new job.  I know that the raise will help you out with you daughter's medical needs as well as you family needs.

I was in a similar situation too.  I was in a automotive retail job that had back stabbing, poor management, poor benefits, poopy-heads for coworkers and really crap pay for being a assistant manager  I was doing this for two years too long.  I was hating life real bad, my physical and mental health was not doing too well.

Then there was a ray of hope that was piercing through the gray cloud.  I followed this ray and found a better job.  I got better pay (a four dollar an hour raise), better management, awesome benefits, no poopy-head coworkers and it is a career I studied for in college.  Human Services.  I can now better support my family and my mental and physical health are a lot better.

I haven't even looked back.

I think that your's and my situation should be a positive example to everyone in this forum.  People should know that if they are in a job that they do not like (or just plain hate), they should look for that ray of hope.  Whether it is real bright or real dim, it is a light that is showing them a way out.

Good luck with you new job.  I hope that it will treat as well as mine does.

Karma for taking that leap of faith for the new job.

Later,

John
\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///