Main Menu

BANG! BANG! THE MAFIA GANG (1971) (aka UP YOUR ALLEY aka THE MELON AFFAIR)

Started by The Burgomaster, April 17, 2010, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

Here's another nice quality DVD-R I bought from Something Weird.

This is a not-very-funny 1970s nudie comedy.  It stars Frank Corsentino (who resembles a young Woody Allen) as Seymour, a nerdy guy who works for a catering company.  His boss sends him to work at a party at the home of a Hollywood starlet (played by Haji, who appeared in some Russ Meyer films).  Seymour ends up impersonating a Mafia boss and helping Haji collect $1 million in a stolen jewel deal.

Most of this movie involves Seymour either fantasizing or having actual encounters with naked women.  The weirdest scene involves two women (one of them is Uschi Digard, another Russ Meyer regular, who also appears in this movie as a naughty nurse) who cover him in spumoni ice cream and roll around with him on a bed.

One of the few reasons to watch this sex romp is Haji, who manages to be charming and sexy throughout the movie.  Other than that, it's pretty forgettable.

Here's the cover art Something Weird uses for the DVD case.  (The box uses the title BANG! BANG! THE MAFIA GANG, but the film print they used has the title THE MELON AFFAIR):

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Jack

Quote from: The Burgomaster on April 17, 2010, 06:44:54 AM
the film print they used has the title THE MELON AFFAIR):

I'm thinking maybe that should be "melons"  :teddyr:
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho