Main Menu

Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres'

Started by claws, April 11, 2011, 03:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doggett

It's fear of political correctness.

I bet there is no actuall law about whats an Easter egg or not.
And I'm sure the teacher who told the woman to call them 'Spring Sphere's' thought it was just as stupid; and was covering her own hide. Which you can't blame her. You only have to read newspapers to see the stupid things people will sue over and a school can't afford to be sued.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.

indianasmith

Reminds me of that old BLOOM COUNTY  cartoon punchline:

"Oh my gosh!!! LIFE IS OFFENSIVE!!!"
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Leah

To the people whao doesn't want to use Easter Eggs
yeah no.

AndyC

Spring spheres. It's so utterly lame, I'm amazed anyone could do it with a straight face. It's self-parody. That they can't see how ridiculous it is - that's what blows me away.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

Leah

QuoteA sophomore at a local private high school thinks an effort to make Easter politically correct is ridiculous.
What does Easter have to do with being politically correct at all? what's next, Halloween will have to be called "Dress up as a freak" day? when will these people learn? oh wait, they don't learn because their way is legit, not say the FRIGGEN LOGICAL WAY! :hatred: what a bunch of bozos.
yeah no.

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Flick James

Calling it politically correct is just a cop out. What ever happened to just calling something stupid or bulls**t. It's like the concept I've heard of blaming the vanishing of Western civilization on a conspiracy of cultural Marxism to undermine our country through cultural diversity. It's just a convenient target for people who can't think for themselves. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that, but because somebody said "cultural Marxism" or "political correctness" it becomes a scapegoat for people to blame their problems or dissatisfaction with life on.

"Spring spheres" is just plain stupid, and if the parents of those children had any values or balls at all they would be doing whatever they could to get rid of that ludicrous teacher. Either walk the walk or shut the f**k up and stop giving me the "politically correct" cop out response.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org