Sports Talk

Started by Nightowl, May 25, 2011, 04:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flick James

Quote from: Nightowl on June 16, 2011, 10:49:48 AM
Congrats on the Boston Bruins for winning the Stanley Cup

Shame on the Vancouver Canucks fans :thumbdown:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2011-06-16-vancouver-riots_n.htm
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

I will never understand that. Rioting over sporting events. It doesn't get much more absurd than that.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Flick James

Baseball season is coming into it's last month. My Arizona Diamondbacks are in 1st place in the NL West!

Well, they're certainly not the best team in baseball from a win-loss percentage, but they're good. They're not loaded with star players, they're scrappy, and they're streaky as hell, but damnit, they're in first place! With all the negative that's been going on in my life lately, it will be pleasurable to see my local team make it to the playoffs.

GO DBACKS!
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

HappyGilmore

Summer's coming to a close.  The Philadelphia Phillies seem to be holding relatively steady, so barring anything major in the coming weeks, it should be a fun September/October.

The Eagles season is gonna be starting soon.  Wonder how that's gonna go down.

And of course, my favorite team will be starting soon enough: The Flyers.  I'm a big hockey fan.  One good thing I love is the start of fall and the coming hockey season.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Nightowl

Congrats to the The Cardinals for the winning the World Series!  :thumbup:

Looks like the nba season has been postponed(again!) for November 31st, no signs of any b-ball anytime soon. Thanks a lot David Stern  :hatred:

tracy

It's been a long,tough year for my beloved Texas Rangers and it all ended sadly. I'm still proud of you,boys!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

retrorussell

Good college football this weekend!  LSU-Bama.. don't get any better than that!
Go Ducks!
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

tracy

Quote from: retrorussell on November 04, 2011, 08:21:42 PM
Good college football this weekend!  LSU-Bama.. don't get any better than that!
Go Ducks!
Whew! That ought to be a great game. :thumbup:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

bob

I think my Packers have a chance to maybe go undefeated, unlikely but it's possible
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Ash

Quote from: RCMerchant on May 29, 2011, 06:29:43 AM
Sports?  :question:
Sports? Yow.  :question: Sports? No....
I dont even like the word. "Sports". Sounds like the name of a soda pop. "SPORTS! makes you happy!" "DRINK SPORTS!! It'll make you squirt! SPORTS! "

Totally agree.
I've never cared for any kinds of sports.  I never watch it on TV either except for an occasional tennis match or baseball game. (and even that's rare)
The word "sports" makes me think of puke.  You know, like when you're gonna barf and instead of it sounding like "RALLLLPHHH" it sounds like "SPOOOORRTTS!!!!"

I'll wear a baseball cap with some team's logo on it and some random guy will start asking me about the team and blah blah blah.  When I tell them that I don't watch sports and that I just like the look of the hat they always react with disappointment.
I get that all the time from people.  They look at me like I'm some sort of freak when I tell them I don't watch football.  I could never stand American football.  You see all these people going insane for their favorite team and that's something I've never understood.

I am the exact opposite of those guys who sit in front of the TV watching a game, drinking beer and screaming this and that.  That's one of the big reasons I don't go over to my dad's house on Thanksgiving...because every other male there has their butt parked in front of the tube after the food's been eaten. 

I do however like extreme sports like Airsoft.   :wink:

HappyGilmore

Joe Frazier passed away today.

:(
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

retrorussell

Quote from: HappyGilmore on November 08, 2011, 12:23:23 AM
Joe Frazier passed away today.

:(
Was just about to post that.  Very sad.  Rest in peace, good sir.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."