Main Menu

The Newt Appreciation Thread

Started by Trevor, June 26, 2017, 03:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I see this special person as my older sister and she is our Mom figure here who loves us all - yes, even me - and keeps us all in line.

We love you, Newt  :cheers:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

indianasmith

We all need a firm, maternal voice from up North from time to time!

Thanks for playing den mom to us, Newt!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Rev. Powell

Who doesn't love Newt? She's like a female Trevor with no underpants issues!
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 26, 2017, 07:48:02 AM

:teddyr: :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

javakoala

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 26, 2017, 07:48:02 AM

Damn, that was what I was gonna say!

Newt is the voice of reason and civility on this forum. So, yeah, I see the den mother comparison, but I've never known any den mothers who watch weird and bad movies; they usually say that such things will rot our mind. Thankfully, Newt is way cooler than most den mothers.   :cheers:
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

Newt

:buggedout:  I came on to post a video for Trevor and found this!  Oh my!  I do love this bunch.  Thank you all. 

(Hey java: I'm a Scouter.   :teddyr:  So I guess I really am a 'Den Mother' in a sense.  I have Nostromo crew and Colonial Marines patches on my camp jacket and krakens and dragons on my hat.  And we named a patrol "Knights of the Lepus".  I do my best.   :wink: )
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Flangepart

Quote from: Newt on June 26, 2017, 10:46:20 AM
:buggedout:  I came on to post a video for Trevor and found this!  Oh my!  I do love this bunch.  Thank you all. 

(Hey java: I'm a Scouter.   :teddyr:  So I guess I really am a 'Den Mother' in a sense.  I have Nostromo crew and Colonial Marines patches on my camp jacket and krakens and dragons on my hat.  And we named a patrol "Knights of the Lepus".  I do my best.   :wink: )
:bouncegiggle: Have you shown them the movie? If you've not taught riffing, you must!
"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Paquita

Newt is absolutely one of the coolest ladies ever.  I truly envy her Canadian equine lifestyle. 

Newt

Quote from: Flangepart on June 26, 2017, 03:33:50 PM

:bouncegiggle: Have you shown them the movie? If you've not taught riffing, you must!

Working on that.  Meanwhile: do I get half points for taking "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" to the Cheesy Christmas Camp?
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

javakoala

Quote from: Newt on June 30, 2017, 10:11:04 PM
Quote from: Flangepart on June 26, 2017, 03:33:50 PM

Working on that.  Meanwhile: do I get half points for taking "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" to the Cheesy Christmas Camp?

If they sat through the whole thing without screaming, you get full points!   :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!