Main Menu

TOP 100 COMIC BOOK ARTISTS!

Started by RCMerchant, April 14, 2011, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaseSF

13. George PĂ©rez (the master of the mega-event crossover and he helped revitalize the Teen Titans and Wonder Woman)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

RCMerchant

I cant believe that f**kers who run Photobucket are censoring my art! I'll try to post some more-cocksucking naziss!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Mofo Rising

I actually like that quite a lot, RCMerchant.

Have you done multi-page stories, or is it all single-panel stuff like this?

You should consider putting together ashcan-style comics for your local comic store. There isn't any money in it, but I would read it.

Careful, though. You don't want to end up a CBLDF case.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

Hammock Rider

14. Walt Simonson

I've always liked Walt Simonson. He helped bring back a mythical quality to Thor, but did good work all over the Comics World.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

JaseSF

15. DAVE GIBBONS (Watchmen artists best known for his work with writer Alan Moore and for 2000 A.D.)

Mofo Rising

16. Arthur Adams

He's probably most well known by most from his work on the Uncanny X-Men with Chris Claremont.

Never the most prolific of artists, these days you can usually find his artwork in cheesecake pictures and giant monster spreads, or often both (God bless him).

I find his artwork a joy to look at, and will usually buy anything with his name on it. Well, I haven't bought the Hulk stuff. Much as I love Adams work, the writing there is really stupid.

Here are some examples:

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

JaseSF

17. Frank Miller

His style is certainly distinctive and his art is memorable for Batman (The Dark Knight Returns), Daredevil and Sin City in particular.

Kaseykockroach

I don't read superhero/action comics (except Paperinik), so...
18. Carl Barks.
http://disneycomics.free.fr/index_barks_date.php
Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."

retrorussell

19. The godfather of American manga, Ben Dunn!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

JaseSF

20. Mike Deodato (known for Wonder Woman, The Mighty Thor, Spider-Man and the New Avengers)

Mofo Rising

Quote from: JaseSF on May 29, 2011, 06:51:23 PM

These first two are by Brian Bolland. A great artist in his own right, but he rarely does more than covers.

JaseSF

Yeah you're right, Deodato did the art inside...

Actually I do think Bolland belongs on this list too though so perhaps # 21?

RCMerchant

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Svengoolie 3

OK the thread was about the top artists,   but there's this guy....

His name was fletcher hanks, and he wasn't a top 100 comic artist. I don't  think he was a top 1000 artist.

In fact he was bad. Incredibly bad. Surrealistically bad. Mind croggingly bad. There is just nothing to compare it too,  itcs that bad.

In fact it's so completely bad on every level it's mesmerizing. Itcs developed a cult following,  much like the mind blowingly  bad movies of ed wood. Fletcher hanks has been called the ed wood of comics,  which is u fair to ed wood for various reasons. 

Let me show you some fletcher hanks comic art. Prepare to have your mind melted.

If you think your mind cam survive it,  here's a link to an online collection of the insanity inducingky bad art of fletcher hanks,  and the only  thing worse than hanks' art was his writing.

https://readcomiconline.to/Writer/Fletcher-Hanks
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.