Main Menu

In the Mouth of Madness ****

Started by Scott, May 02, 2001, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS is a great movie for those who enjoy reality checks. It feels like a made for tv Stephen King flick mixed with alittle Twilight Zone storyline. Even though I know it a John Carpenter film loosly based on H.P. Lovecraft. Well, I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I liked it. Thanks to those whom have mentioned this movie on the message board in the past. The madness of it all has merit.

Alisa

that was a really freaky and distrubing movie, well at least i thought it was when i saw it a couple of years ago.  I love H.P. Lovecraft.

Mofo Rising

I liked IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS.  I thought it was an interesting little play with reality.  I wouldn't call it a complete success, however.  I don't have any specific gripes, just overall it didn't add up to what it could have.  Some of the characters weren't quite what they could have been.  Look at Crispin Glover as the psychiatrist.  He's almost a human cartoon.  Of course, you could add this up to the fact that while Sutter Kane sells millions of copies of his books and can summon the Old Ones, he's just not a very good writer.

It is one of the more successful and enjoyable movies to dabble in the works of H.P. Lovecraft.  I'd give it 3 slimes.

Scott

It explore alternate realities as a possibility. It has a philosophical vent that allows on this look at things differently. On a smaller scale, lets use the "wheel". If someone didn't invent the wheel then mankind may have advance beyond were we are today. The "wheel" being the very thing that has held us back. St. Anselm said something to the effect that God exist because we can imagine he dos. My philosophy is: "If you can imagine it then it dos exist, therefore all things exist."