Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:28:37 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My DVD Collection « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: OT: My DVD Collection  (Read 11071 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: January 19, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »

So I'm sure that everyone knows about DVDAficionado.com.  I was unaware that the website existed until yesterday.  I've been wanting to catalogue all of my DVDs so I have some kind of resource when someone asks me what movies I own, or if I own one certain film.  The website lets you list all of your films and then lets you share with others.

So, here it is.  My grand list of films I own:

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=skaboi

You can of course tell which ones are my wife's and which ones are my daughter's but there you go.  

Anyone else use this site?  I'd love to see the collections of everyone here.  Although I belive some would take a while to get through....Burgo.....

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:41:47 AM »

Alas, I am loathe to post my own listing, since me list be so short at this time.  But it is interesting to see what everybody owns, and brings to mind the stuff I forgot about that I would like to buy.  That being said, I was pleased to see the inclusion of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on your list, Master Skaboi, along with Jeepers Creepers 2.  I recently picked up the 20th Anniversary editon of Henry:  Portrait of a Serial Killer, and would strongly urge you to do the same.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 11:46:10 AM »

Onion,

I've been meaning to buy Henry on DVD for a couple of years now.  I can't find it in any of the local shops and I'll probably end up ordering it off the internet at some point or another.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »

I picked it up at the Suncoast outlet at the Puyallup South Hill Mall; if there is an outlet near you, they can order it for $24.99--well worth the price, if that helps.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »

That site is a bit rough around the edges and kinda hard to use.
How do you add titles to each subfolder?
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »

Ash,

First, you search for the film on the top of the page.  Then it will display the results of the search.  Check the film that you want to add, and then either at the top or the bottom you will have a button that says "Move To"

Beside that button, you will have a drop down list of the various subfolders.  Choose the folder, click the button and it is added.

dean

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 11:13:18 PM »

Interesting idea.  I've attempted compiling a list of all my DVDs just so I knew when people borrowed them, but then I'd get some more and forget to add them, and the whole list gets shot to hell because of it.

One question though, is this counting legal and illegal copies of dvds?  

If so, my list will be considerably smaller.  :-P

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 03:09:39 AM »

HERE'S MY COLLECTION
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 07:52:05 AM »

I use the IMDb's My Movies section to catalog all my movies. I prefer that engine because I don't have to delineate from the SOURCE of movie information. Plus I can easily subsect my movies into genres and subgenres, and there's a feature that allows me to track back every movie I've ever seen by looking back on my votes. It's a nice feature. THe only downside? I can't exceed a catalog of 10,000 movies. Then again, the option of negotiating more space was always available. Does anyone here own more than 10,000 movies?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 08:30:59 AM »

Dean,

Most of the films listed are legit, purchased copies.  But, you probably see quite a few Region 2 and Region 3 dvds.....let me just say that I don't own a region free DVD player.  ;)

dean

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »

Scottie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use the IMDb's My Movies section to catalog all
> my movies. I prefer that engine because I don't
> have to delineate from the SOURCE of movie
> information. Plus I can easily subsect my movies
> into genres and subgenres, and there's a feature
> that allows me to track back every movie I've ever
> seen by looking back on my votes. It's a nice
> feature. THe only downside? I can't exceed a
> catalog of 10,000 movies. Then again, the option
> of negotiating more space was always available.
> Does anyone here own more than 10,000 movies?

The only possible contender on this board has to be Burgomaster.  What is your count anyway Burgo?  That is, of course, if you keep count.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 12:08:14 PM »

I have mine listed in an Excel spreadsheet (which I am currently updating because I forgot to add some purchases to it over the last few months).  By the time this exercise is over, I should have a list of somewhere between 1,500 and 1,600 titles.  God help me.

Check out www.intervocative.com.  You can catalogue all of your DVDs, plus it allows you to print color copies of the box cover and it gives information about Easter Eggs and other stuff.  I just found out about it and I intend to try it soon.  

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »

Dean:

See my previous post in this thread,  I'm working on the count now (updating my Excel spreadsheet), but it should come in at around 1,500 - 1,600 titles.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 05:03:40 PM »

I'm working on my new imdb.com and Skaboi's affenciado page to see which I like the most then I'll make a link to both of my list. My list for both sites will be of the films I haven't seen yet.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 05:53:57 PM »

I'm not sure how many movies I've actually SEEN . . . all I keep track of is how many I own.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My DVD Collection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.