Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:39:34 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My DVD Collection « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: OT: My DVD Collection  (Read 11070 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 11:02:43 PM »

Burgomaster could easily start his own video store.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 04:09:16 PM »

Scott:

I don't think I could.  I treat my DVDs like most people treat coin collections, stamp collections, comic book collections, etc.  I handle them with extreme care and I almost NEVER lend them to anyone.  And if I do, you better believe that I don't sleep well at night thinking about how the borrower might be abusing the storage case or scratching the disc.  Yikes!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »

WTF? what kind of stupid coding does this forum use?! perhaps they'd provide a link where you could find out? if they did, it's pretty well hidden. brilliant.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 07:39:27 PM »

Burgo wrote:

" treat my DVDs like most people treat coin collections, stamp collections, comic book collections, etc. I handle them with extreme care and I almost NEVER lend them to anyone. And if I do, you better believe that I don't sleep well at night thinking about how the borrower might be abusing the storage case or scratching the disc. Yikes!"

>
>
>

I damaged the packaging of someone's Firefly DVD set and I felt bad for a week after I gave it back. I hate it when anything of mine becomes even remotely damaged, so I rarely if ever loan out copies of my movies. Too much can go wrong!

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
dean

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 03:13:45 AM »

Well ToyMan, there used to be a help link that led to basic ways to link things, but I too had a look [albeit a quick one] for that button which seems to be missing.  Maybe it's something to post as a question on the sticky thread or private message Andrew [the head honcho] and he may be able to add one that is permanent.

Until then perhaps HERE will suffice.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 08:11:24 PM »

ahh. it's essentially bbcode. thank ya' very muchly.

OWNED - WISH LISTS

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 10:32:12 PM »

ToyMan,

Awesome collection!  Stacy and Urotsukidoji?  I bow down to your collection.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »

Burgomaster I use to have a Baseball Card Collection of about 3,000 cards with no duplicates. They were kept in a chest and nobody ever saw them because everytime someone looked at them they damaged a card, so I stopped letting people look at them. It was a great collection and eventually I joined the Army at 17 and had to sell them. Put an ad in the paper and nobody showed up for them except one person who offered $100 for them, so I sold them. A guy came by a week later from upstate and asked to see them and told me the cardboard was worth that much. I knew this but had to leave shortly as sold them cheap.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »

Scott,

I still have all of my cards totaling around 4,000. I was a big collector during the mid and early 90's when I was in grade school, and when today's stars were but rookies and whose cards were greatly undervalued. Suckers. To name a few, I have Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, Ken Griffy Jr., and Derek Jeter's rookie cards. I even have Derek Jeter's minor league card when he played for the minor league team from Greensboro, the Greensboro Hornets. I haven't gotten them appraised, but I value them highly. They're sitting in sleeves in books in a cabinet in my room back home. My parents have sworn to never throw them out. Sworn on their grave. I can't decide if I should ever sell them. I'd get a hunk of change out of it, maybe enough to help on a down payment for a new used car.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »

thank you. i got both of them on the for-realz-cheap, too. my wishlist puts my owned list to shame, though...

Skaboi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ToyMan,
>
> Awesome collection!  Stacy and Urotsukidoji?  I
> bow down to your collection.
>
> __________________________________________________

Scott

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »

I use to collect them when you had to buy them one pack at a time with the stick of bubble gun inside. I had a Johnny Bench, Mike Schmidt, Nolan Ryan rookie cards and many many greats like Roberto Clemente, Whitey Ford, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, Al Kaline, Harmon Killebrew, Bob Gibson, Frank Robinson, Orlando Cepeda and many more. You name them I had them from the 60-70's. Stopped Collecting about 1980 and sold them in 1982. Had them all in a large chest with a lock and would hide my keys.

Use to flip my double, triples, quadruples with kids in the nieghborhood. Must have had 4,000 duplicates to go with the 3,000 singles. Parents would tell the kids in my nieghborhood not to flip cards with me, because I always walked away with most all of there cards.

Then many times I would trade some kid 50 of my doubles for one rare card that I didn't have. My collection was awesome. Then they started selling the whole year sets through mail order. Before that you could only find TOPS baseball cards at any given store. I had many complete years sets by getting them one at a time. From 1972 to 1976 where my complete sets.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 12:07:02 AM »

Scott, that's impressive. I too used to collect only the packs of cards you could find with the dried out stick of gum wrapped in there. That was when my parents bought me cards in gas stations wherever we went and that stick of gum was as hard and dry as a rock, but I still popped it in my mouth and walked out of those stores a happy kid. I would later frequent a specialty store that sold sports cards only to collect the Tops, Upper Deck, Fleer, etc. yearly sets they'd put out for us collectors as well as pick up the individual card I wanted. I remember going in to get a Hideo Nomo rookie card I thought I'd make a mint on because I anticipated the rise of popularity in Asian players. I paid a whopping $7 for that card, which was quite a price for a ten year old. And in one aspect I was correct: Asian players were to become very popular, but I wasn't right about Hideo Nomo. It must've been that leg kick that did him in. Shoulda waited another eight years for Hideki Matsui. My oldest cards reached back to the yesteryear of 1979, but that's nothing compared to your Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, and Nolan Ryan cards. Damn, we do some irrational things we kick ourselves for years down the line. Here's to irrationality and the stories they bring years down the way-- *raises glass of water*

BTM

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 04:08:56 PM »

>So, here it is. My grand list of films I own:

>[www.dvdaficionado.com]

>You can of course tell which ones are my wife's and which ones are my daughter's but there you >go.

Oh, just admit it, you're just embarrassed to let us know you own a copy of Cinderella.  Come on, fess up!

After all, I'll admit to owning Monster's Inc and the Iron Giant (don't have it on DVD yet, though...)

:)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »

BTM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Oh, just admit it, you're just embarrassed to let
> us know you own a copy of Cinderella.  Come on,
> fess up!
>
> After all, I'll admit to owning Monster's Inc and
> the Iron Giant (don't have it on DVD yet,
> though...)
>

Monster's Inc and Iron Giant?  I'd have no problem claiming both as my own if I did own them.  Both are great films.  Cinderella, not so much.  I have loathe most anything Disney except for the Pixar films.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 05:25:50 PM »

Thanks for that link to DVDAficionado.com. I've been using (and will continue to do so) 'my movies' at imdb because of all of the out of print VHS videos and LaserDiscs I have.

Just created an account with LaserDisc Databse - My LaserDiscs

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My DVD Collection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.