Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:29:31 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Popular movies you hate...... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Popular movies you hate......  (Read 14044 times)
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 20, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »

Any popular movies out there you guys feel alone in hating? I've got alot but can't remember them all right now but here's a few of them....

X-Men (it was okay but Hallie Berrie really ruined it for me)

the Problem Child movies

Any movie with Hallie Berrie, Adam Sandler, or Queen Latifa (who decided they could act?)

The Fast And The Furious movies (I almost fell asleep)

Any movie by Micheal Moore except Canadian Bacon

Napolean Dynamite(I just didn't see what was so funny--I found the whole thing a boring waste of time)

Robots (the CGI animated movie)

Barbershop 2

Any movie by that guy(can't remember his name)who did Signs, The Village etc. I hate this guys movies--they all end up the same way-a cliffhanger no real ending type of ending.

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:51:09 PM »

Passion Of The Christ

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 03:16:55 PM »

The Sound of Music.
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »

Y'know what I hate most about Moore's so-called "documentries" ? they are are liberal democrat smear job campaigns that are not only 100 percent false, but every single one of them seem to be bigot-induced anti-american hate speech.

None of his documentries--at least none that I can think of are anything except anti-american hissy-fits. He reminds me alot of the Canadians current attitude as of late.

Anti-american for no reason other than being a racist bigot.

The only exception is his non-documentry movie Canadian Bacon---It's anti-american sure,(which is how you can tell it's a Moore film.) But it's also a farce and so well done that I can't help but laugh my head off. IMHO  Moore shoulda stuck to comical stuff like this rather than the anti-american hate-speech type ficton he currently pumps out.

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »

This is a real challenge for me as I like most films or atleast can find something I like about a film.

Not sure why, but I didn't like X-Men either and had no interest in watching the other superhero movies like Spiderman, Hulk, and even superman (except the first one with Reeves was good). Batman is probably the only superhero that I like and even then he's not that great.

Best Superhero movie ever was Mystery Men. That is a film that I really liked.

I'm with you on most of the films PopsMcFly except Napoleon Dynamite. Napoleon Dynamite was or is a great comedy. At least for our times it was funny.

I don't think Hallie Berry or Sandler are great, but they are Ok.

The only baby film that I really liked was Raising Arizona.

Still don't like CGI, but they are getting better I suppose.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »

Nope...I don't worry about movies I don't like.  Life is too short and has too much room to enjoy to worry about hating movies...whether or not anyone else likes them

If I cared what other people thought was 'popular' I wouldn't be hanging out at a site named 'badmovies.org'

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »

I would have a much easier time naming popular TV shows I hate, such as AMERICAN IDOL, THE APPRENTICE, SKATING WITH THE STARS, DANCING WITH THE STARS, and just about anything in the "reality" genre.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Neville

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »

All movies written by Charlie Kaufman. I know he's supposed to be the new golden boy when it comes to creative scriptwriting, but I found his stuff more confusing and dull than groundbreaking. Sure I enjoyed "Being John Malkovich, because I love far-fetched absurd comedies, but I couldn't finish "Adaptation" and I almost fell asleep watching "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind", although acting was good and it had a few funny scenes. The idea that he's got some Philip K. Dick adaptation on his hands makes me itch. That's another movie I won't enjoy, and it's based on a work by one of my favourite writers.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 08:41:36 PM »

fight club.

made jocks think they were something "cerebral".

pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 10:02:44 AM »

Don't get me wrong about X-Men guys, it was okay and had some good stuff in it, but Berrie just annoys me to no end. X-2 was much better a story-well except for the fact that Berrie got half the plot about her character and STILL complained yet again. X-3 looks pretty intresting and I'll see it(mainly cuz of Kelsy Grammer as the Beast--perfect casting in my opinion) the only flaw I can see is that nearly the whole plot will revolve around Berrie this time. Really, I woulda preferred if they woulda just left out that spotlight hog outta the film and had said that Storm went back to Africa(where she is from anyway-she was a godess to african tribes originally in the comics-they coulda put this in the film) rather than have catered to Berrie's "It must all revolve around me!" attitude.

She was quite possibly---no, no, she was DEFINTELY the worst casting decsion for the X-men films. She was about as far from Storm as could be and didn't even try to get the character right at all.

her only worst thing was catwoman.

Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 10:19:34 AM »

I'm with Scott on this one.  I'm always hard-pressed to find a movie I really dislike.  I can find something redeeming in nearly everything I watch.

I thought Napoleon Dynamite got better with repeated viewings, and the campaign dance cracked me up.

I can say I don't particularly like Kevin Costner's long winded movies (Dances with Wolves, Waterworld, The Postman).  I personally think his best role was in The Big Chill (the dead guy).  But there are enjoyable qualities to them.

I used to love Mel Gibson, but now that he's fallen off the sanity truck, not so much.  I actually didn't mind Passion of the Christ, I thought it was well done, and I'm in no way a practising Christian.  I liked it strictly for the "movie" value.  My husband won't watch it.

I even liked...yes.....Farenheit 9/11.  I didn't look at it like he meant it, more so as it's funny to see him get all worked up.  *L*  I also don't view it as Anti-American.  

One movie I thought was WAY overrated was "Sideways".  Decent movie, yes. Comedy of the year?  No.  

I just like movies in general.  I like the idea of movies, and therefore will watch nearly anything.  Case in point, watched a movie called "The Wickeds" last night.  It has Ron Jeremy and a bunch of nobodys in it.  Definite no-budget film, but funny to me.  My husband suffered while I laughed.  Really bad zombies that are actually supposed to be "vampires".  

The entire time I've been typing this, I've been trying to think of some big movie that I just hated......and can't.  I may have to come back to this later.....*L*

Amanda
Menard
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »

Mine would be quite a list, but I'll narrow it down.

Titanic! Titanic! Titanic! Titanic! And, did I mention Titanic!

The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Fulci's The Beyond (and throw in his House by the Cemetary too)

The Fast and the Furious (2001)

Not Another (piece of s**t) Teen Movie

I'll leave it at that before this list grows too long.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 01:15:45 PM »

pops_mcfly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> None of his documentries--at least none that I can
> think of are anything except anti-american
> hissy-fits. He reminds me alot of the Canadians
> current attitude as of late.

Oh, now hold on. Don't judge everybody up here by the sleazy, corrupt, left-wing idiots we have in charge (and who will hopefully be turfed out Monday), or by the various "progressive" thinkers who seem to get all the attention. I don't deny that poking fun at Americans is something of a national pastime, but the crap that's been happening lately is unfair, and does not reflect the views of most of us. I've been especially apalled by the way our PM decided that the best way to endear himself to voters, having nothing else to go on, was to bash your country and your president. Great strategy -- insult your closest neighbour and biggest trading partner to win the votes of morons. What the hell has happened to my country?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
odinn7

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »

Yeah, AndyC is ok...for a Canadian... ;)

I agree with Menard and all his namings of Titanic. Godawful, wretched thing that was.

I'm also going to have to say the Blair Witch. When that came out, everyone was going crazy over it. Probably the biggest reason for this was so many idiots believing it was all real. I went to see it and I was annoyed that I had spent the time and money.

Most all of the Chucky sequels are rotten.

Anaconda...anyone recall when that came out? That was a big movie around here. The CGI snake looked like it was drawn by a 5 year old in MS Paint.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Neville

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »

Keep saying that and 5 year old childern from across the world are gonna hire assassins to track you down. My favourite bit of the movie is the waterfall running backwards.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Popular movies you hate...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.