Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:45:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I Seen Has Risen from the Grave « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stuff I Seen Has Risen from the Grave  (Read 3520 times)
Chadzilla
« on: March 19, 2001, 06:02:06 PM »

Taste the Blood of Dracula (WB video version): Bored Victorian Gentlemen throw a little Black Mass party with the help of the absolutely fabulous Ralph Bates and some of Dracula's freeze dried blood.  Things go sour and the Count tracks the men down and slaughters them one by one. -  2 slimes - If this had been uncut then I would have liked it more and given it three or four slimes.  As is it's missing some of the bordello sequence (including a notorious snake dance number).  Also Christopher Lee is wasted in a bit part that requires him to do nothing but stand there, glower, and say lines like "The first." or "The second." and little else, no wonder he hates these latter day Hammer Draculas so much.

The Hideous Sun Demon - An industrial accident at Atomic Research Inc. (a division of ACME perhaps?) poisons poor drunken scientist Robert Clarke.  Now, whenever he's exposed to sunlight, he sprouts scales, fangs, and a real mean temper.  The movie builds slowly, but the last thirty or so minutes are worth the wait.  Clarke gives a really good performance as the tortured scientist. but his direction is uneven.  4 slimes nonetheless.

Lips of Blood - A dude with a scathing case of ugly spots a perfume advertisement at a party that brings forth a suppressed childhood memory.  When he was twelve or so he was lost in some ruins and is found by a beautiful woman who gives him shelter has she slips off to drink blood.  Determined to find this lost love, the man tracks down the photographer, agrees to a clandestine meeting, awakens a group of lesbian (?) vampires and gets stalked by some vampire hunting thugs (??).  It's kind of like Into the Night with vampires.  It's weird and dreamlike, which is a good thing because I was bombed out on Benadryll (sp?) when I saw it and was slipping in and out of this plain of thought, poritions of it looked like the inside of my eyelids (thank you Andrew), what I did see gives it three slimes.  Wonderfully weird in the way only Jean Rollin can be.

What Lies Beneath - Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?) is haunted by strange voices and visions.  Has the woman next door been murdered?  No (thanks to the previews which blow away certain plot twists), it's the spirit of a woman her seemingly perfect husband had an affair with.  I know some people were bored out of their skull with this movie, but I really liked it - the ending made it all worth sitting through.  Director Robert Zemeckis (who "borrows" from Hitchcock much the same way Brian DePalma did) kepts the special effects subtle and in the corner of your eye, which is just where they belong.   Alan Silvestri's music is a shameless ripping-off of *er* 'homage' to Bernard Herrmann.  3 slimes, I like ghost stories, so sue me.

The Abomnible Snowman - Forrest Tucker and Peter Cushing go hunting for the Yeti - sadly they find it.  A really creepy thriller from writer Nigel Kneale (the Quatermass series) and director Val Guest (The Quatermass Xperiment and Quatermass 2).  5 slimes for this one, it's required viewing (did I spell Abmonible right?  It looks wrong and I don't have a dictionary handy).

So it goes.
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2001, 08:06:44 PM »

"Abominable" is the spelling, as you did ask.
Given the spelling on this site in general, I find your concern to be touching.  Trying to raise the bar a bit, are we?
On an unrelated topic -- as if anything is around here -- I just visited Abby's Grindler site for the first time today and wow! was I impressed!  If anyone out there -- like me -- has been putting this visit off because you don't want to get involved with yet another site, etc., don't fight de feelin':  Dis one be da bomb!
Yeah, Chris Lee hated the later Draculas for Hammer, but I love love love love them.  I ain't gonna pick at you for your rating, though, as the earlier ones are indeed better -- but, Hell, I'll watch Chris stand there and blow raspberries in a film just to see him on screen.  You know the phrase: "The camera loves him(or her)?"  I find it quite applicable to the "Tall, Dark & Gruesome"(Title of his autobiography) Mr. Lee.  We all know he's playing the Lead Bad Guy in Peter Jackson's new Lord of the Rings film, right?
Another video event for Lee completists:  In the newly packaged re-releases of the TV show The Avengers, Lee plays an android and a mad scientist.  What a guy!!
FLANGEPART
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2001, 01:09:57 PM »

And half of one of the great screen teams of all time....Cushing and Lee. Darn!...why  coulden't they have had Chris lee as Darth Vader when the helmet came off! Now theres a missed opertuunity! Drat!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I Seen Has Risen from the Grave « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.