Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:07:04 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Paul Naschy's "El Hombre Lobo" is returning to video « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paul Naschy's "El Hombre Lobo" is returning to video  (Read 4159 times)
Chris K.
« on: March 19, 2001, 12:39:08 PM »

Due to my heavy Spanish heratage, I have a great fondness of the Spanish cinema and I feel that actor Paul Naschy is an example of a good actor. He is well known for his character of Waldemar Daninsky who becomes the El Hombre Lobo (The Wolf Man). When I saw his later film NIGHT OF THE HOWLING BEAST (1975) on video, I was totally entertained by this film and I began to look for more Paul Naschy films.

Recently, Anchor Bay Entertainment is going to release two of Paul Naschy's films in the mid-summer of 2001. The two films that will recieve the video release  are CURSE OF THE DEVIL (1973) and THE WEREWOLF'S SHADOW (1971; U.S. Title: WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN).

Has anybody ever seen or heard of Paul Naschy and his El Hombre Lobo films? If you have, please give your opinion on this actor and his films.
Abby
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2001, 01:22:05 PM »

LOVE Naschy.  Nice to hear the werewolf flicks are coming out officially again.

And while I like the werewolf saga, my favorite Naschy flick is probably "House of Psychotic Women" ... just because I can't resist a repetitive 70's soundtrack based on a single public domain song.
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2001, 03:07:23 PM »

My best friend, who, after years of hard work and networking, finally published an indepth two-part article about the Nasch Man in Fangoria magazine (and now can count the man as a personal friend - you know, like, dinner with the whole family whenever he's in town for a convention and all that rot - Lucky Bastid) introduced me to Paul Naschy's work back in the day when everything and anything could be released on video (and was).  His movies rock.  The man is a highly respected actor in Spain (held in as much regard as Karloff and Lugosi are on this side of the pond) and I hope his films get the same treatment that Argento and Bava's have recently.  No one makes movies as beautifully photographed as the Spainish do.  Their cinematography is legendary.

Of note - Naschy has a very high and squeaky voice in real life, so even in Spain his voice is dubbed.  His real name is Jacinto Molina and he has written or/and directed many of his own films.  My favorite is The Craving.
Scott
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2001, 11:18:28 AM »

I would love to see all the Paul Naschy films, so far I've only seen TERROR RISES FROM THE TOMB. The background music and diologue are great fun in this film. The scene at the beginning where Naschy gets his head cut off is also well done.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Paul Naschy's "El Hombre Lobo" is returning to video « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.