Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:53:16 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Gary Busey and Billy Zane make anti-American movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gary Busey and Billy Zane make anti-American movie  (Read 4633 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »

As I see it, he's got the right of appearing in anything he feels like. If you feel offended by the movie, just don't watch it, or even better, watch it and then you'll be able to defend your position with more valid points.

I can understand people being offended by the mere existence of this movie, really, but again, it doesn't seem like anything it hasn't been done before a hundred times, albeit with other nationalities possing as villains.

Considering how much controversy the current U.S. policy is causing around the world, I'm surprised this didn't happen before, honestly. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw more films of this fashion in the near future.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 10:10:22 AM »

At Least He's Not on "When Washed Up Sixy Something Actors Marry Much Younger Trophy Wives Who Are Attacked By Wild Animals!!"on Fox!!
Neville

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »

That's more like a job for Zane ;-)

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
dean

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »

I kind of agree with Neville: I wouldn't be surprised if there's alot of anti-american films being made and will be popping up more often: There is a very big audience full of Anti-American sentiment out there that it really is only a matter of time before that sentiment is cashed in by producers or whoever.

Though I think that the main problem with this particular film isn't that it's specifically anti-american, but that they have a Jewish doctor cutting out people's organs and sending them to Israel/The West.  That, in my mind, is a terrible, terrible choice and only serves to fuel conflict and incite hate.  Go ahead and make an anti-american movie, I don't care, but the plot point above is just blatant propaganda and as such is just plain wrong.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »

Plus,They need The Money!!And In Gary (A)Busey's Case,Probably A New Liver and Brain!!
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 01:14:35 AM »

I have to agree that this is just the other side of the coin.  A vast number of pro-American films have starred actors who's careers are 'stumbling' in roles that vilify their nationality.

Rather than bashing Zane and Busey, I think what needs to be looked at is the reason Americans are seen in this manner.  Despite what Team American World Police suggests, America is not the world's morality police, even though they occasionally act like it.

Muslims, especially those in and near Iraq, are not going to have many complimentary things to say about Americans, mainly because (and both of the following are random concepts unrelated to reality, as far as I am aware) news of them accidentally killing children will be front page news, whereas news of them volunteering to did out a hospital hit by a suicide bomber ends up on page eight......
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 02:54:25 AM »

Anyone know if George Clooney is connected to this movie?
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »

Naw.But I was watching "Good Morning America"Yesterrday and they showed some Movies that some of the Movies the Stars were in before they were famous.Jaquin Phoenix was in "Space Camp"Twenty Years Ago when he was Ten Years Old and was named Leaf Phoenix.Reese Witherspoon starred in "Man in the Moon",which was about a young girl in the South in the 50's.However,George Clooney starred in "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"and "Return of the Killer Tomatoes",so if he getys a little too big for his britches,all someone has to do is sit him down and make him watch "Attack Of"and"Return Of The Killer Tomatoes"and that'll shut him up for a while!!"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of The Government.Government Should Be Afraid Of The People.""All Turkeys Die.Few Turkeys Truly Live.".
peter johnson

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 10:20:18 PM »

The "reason Americans are seen in this manner" is because we don't, as such, support the mass extermination of Jews, per se --
We, and the British, fought a huge war against the Germans over this issue:  Should all the Jews in the world be eliminated or not?   We decided "not".
Most of the Muslim world doesn't agree.  They think, for the most part, that Jews should be exterminated as quickly as possible.  The fact that Israel has been forced onto their territory has been a huge screaming point of contention since the 1920's.
This is why Busey's character of the Jewish doctor is shown ripping the organs out of live Iraqis and selling the organs for profit.  It fits into the Muslim mind-set of the Jew as the ultimate evil in the world.
Busey should never be forgiven for this role.  It is every bit as evil as Emil Jenning's role in "Die Ewige Juden" in 1940's Germany.  
There really is no grey area here -- This is genuinely horrific stuff/a real lapse of morality.  Moral relativism/cultural relativism plays no part.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Gary Busey and Billy Zane make anti-American movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.