Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:53 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  R.I.P. Don Knotts « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: R.I.P. Don Knotts  (Read 3649 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: February 25, 2006, 07:00:39 PM »

I came out here to post this an noticed that Raj had posted it on the other Don Knotts thread, but this needs it's own thread.

Man, all the favorites from my childhood are dropping left and right.

Here's a nice write up in the LA Times.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

I just heard the news!!Hard to beleive that the Bug Eyed,Shrill Voiced actor who cracked us all up First on "Andy Griffith"then on "Three's Company"is gone!!Three best bumbling Cops ever were Inspector Closeau(Peter Sellers then Steve Martin);Frank Drebin(Leslie Neilsen)and of course Barney Fife!!So long Don,we'll miss you!!
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:41:53 PM »

What!!!?

Oh man, my favorite roles were of him were the Andy Griffith show and Mr. Ferrly from Three's Company.

Another person I'm going to miss.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Menard
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 11:22:29 PM »

I saw this on the portal where I check my e-mail. Don Knotts was such a part of my childhood through his films and television apperances. It is hard to believe he is gone. Of course, I think the best way to say goodbye to Don is to watch one of his films or an episode of the Andy Griffith show and bid him adieu with the smile he always put on our faces.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:50:48 PM »

Doohan, Schiavelli, Katsulas, and now Don Knotts.

:(

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:32:52 AM »

Ironic that my Don Knotts Reluctant Hero collection has been sitting out on the coffee table for days, as I try to introduce my wife to his work a film at a time.

The thing I notice most about Don Knotts comedies is that they have a small-town sensibility that you just don't see anymore. Just look at the opening scene in The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, as he drives past the town sign, with its logos for Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and Optimists, and the assortment of characters and situations that are so familiar to anyone who grew up in a small town prior to about 1980. His movies were also notable because the nice guy always won in the end.

Don Knotts movies were among the few comedies that both my mother and I could agree on as favourites.

Well, maybe tonight I can convince Lori to let me pop in another DVD (maybe The Reluctant Astronaut), and we'll pay some small tribute to this comic icon.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »

Don Knotts was one of the good ones. Here is his official website.

Don Knotts Official Website

madamex
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

Hi guys! I'm new here . I too shall miss Don Knotts. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. Seems like a fun site .    Happy viewing!    Jan

The winds of grace are always blowing , just make sure to raise the sails.

The winds of grace are always blowing, just make sure to raise the sails.        Jan
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »

Welcome to the board!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
madamex
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 11:03:37 PM »

Hey !  Thanks!  I enjoy collecting old movies. I also have a number of old radio shows. Mostly mystery and detective.  Best movie of all time for me is....."Double Indemnity"     with Barbara Stanwyck and Fred
MacMurray.    Happy viewing.....Jan

The winds of grace are always blowing, just make sure to raise the sails.        Jan
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 11:22:48 PM »

Welcome to the messageboard. You'll find a friendly crowd here Madamex. A good bunch of people. I've seen most of the classics, but DOUBLE INDEMNITY has eluded me so far. It's high on my list of films to view especially with Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson two of my old time favorites.

Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 11:06:44 PM »

I love the old clips from the Steve Allen show where he was "the Nervous guy." I remember an interview where Steve Allen said of all of the Man on the Street characters Knotts' nervous guys were his favorites, but he couldn't look at Knotts when he did it, because he would start laughing. They tried at one point having Knotts be an "old spinster" character. Allen said it was not popular.

Among them: D.D Katerborn, secret service man for Vice President Nixon (D.D. stands for Duck Dick)

S. K. Windish, prinicipal at the Bronx High School (S. K. stands for Stopit Kid)

K. B. Finster, quality control at the bomb factory (K.B. stands for Ka Boom)

Also, I remember Knotts in an episode of Candid Camera trying to pierce women's ears in a beauty shop. That ranks up there with Fannie Flagg with a monkey on her hat or Loni Anderson talking to 6th grade boys.
madamex
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 11:35:45 PM »

Hey Scott,  You must see it. It truly is the best movie of all time, at least of the classics and film noir.  Happy viewing!  Jan

The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

Welcome To The Club My Dear!!
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 06:33:47 PM »

Whoa.  I've been having to pick up a lot of extra shifts, and haven't been online or even turned on the TV.  I didn't know about this.  

My father in law (also my boss) went to the hospital Monday morning, they thought he had a prostate infection.  Well, he didn't have a problem there, exactly, he had a peritoneal abscess, and a kink in his urethra.  They did emergency surgery, and he had a heart attack during the surgery.  He's still in ICU, but improving.  Damn though, he is a big Don Knotts fan.  

My work week begins on Friday, and I've already put in 55 hours this week.  Add school, buying a new house and the father in law thing, I didn't need to see another wonderful actor bite the dust.  :(

RIP Don, we'll miss you.  

Amanda
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  R.I.P. Don Knotts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.