Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:45:21 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "T.N.T." « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "T.N.T."  (Read 1449 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 27, 2006, 02:55:10 AM »

This weekend I watched T.N.T., a rather generic Olivier Gruner film, twice.  Why twice, I don't know...Maybe it was the only thing I had around and I was bored

It's kinda sad really because Olivier Gruner's entire career seems to be summed up as "a rather generic action film" and I actually kinda like the guy.  Not really a great actor or anythng but he usually comes across as a pretty likeable character and I find him more enjoyable to watch then some other action stars (*coff* JCVD) so it's a shame he's never been given roles in better material; maybe a better level of generic action film than "Interceptor Force" or something

In this one, Gruner plays Alex.  Actually, Gruner seems to play "Aex" in every movie...so I checked IMDB and it does seem that he often plays somone named "Alex"..or "Caution Templar".  Anyway Alex is an ex-Desert Storm special-ops kinda guy who now does dirty work for some secret organization in the government, and is starting to get burnt out on it and realizes that some of the work is more dirty than he'd really care to admit.  So he quits the team, a "TNT" or "Tactical Nuetralization Team" (or any excuse to have the abbreviations "TNT" so we could have a cool sounding movie title).  In quitting, he sends his boss a copy of a tape he's made that could expose the whole operation

As an aside but one nice thing about the two wars in Iraq is that it gives movie acion heros a new place to have seen military action.  The Vietnam War is fading into history and it was getting a bit silly for men in their 30s to have "seen action in 'Nam", meaning they would've be in Vietnam when they were about 10 years old.  Now we have Desert Storm, and whataver the new one is called, and men in their 20s can be action stars with current live military experience again.

Alex seems to be settling down in a small town in Denver, with a cute girlfiend whom he'd like to marry, ad a best friend in local law enforcement, Randy Travis.  Yes, *the* Randy Travis.  How he ended up here in his crossover to movies I don't know, but he makes the movie more fun to watch so...that's cool.  Well, his old buddies from TNT come knocking.  They want any more copies of the tape he made, and preferably they want Alex dead.  I didn't quite pickup the time frame here; Alex seems semi-established here; he's he's considering marraige and knows some locals fairly well.  Either he has lived here some time and just occasionally disappears to go do his TNT  work. or TNT took it's sweet time to get around to going after the guy who quit with the evidence.  

So his TNT buddies come calling;they kidnap his girlfriend, Jamie, and shoot poor Travis.  And try to work a hostage deal of trading Jamie for the tapes.  So Alex does what Gruner always does, and sets out to free his girl and kill the team of bad guys.  And they live happily ever after.  Not much to really say about it because , after all, it's a fairly generic action movie so you can pretty much see what's going to happen long before the characters do, culminating in the fist fight in the middle of the street and the cut shots to the oncoming truck.

The movie is not really bad, it's just a cheap generic action movie with Olivier Gruner as the action here and Randy Travis as some fun along the way.  So if your bored with nothing else to do, you might enjoy it if you're into that genre.  And you can pick it up at NetFlix here if you're interested.  The movie is almost more interesting in it's cliches and what it says about current action movies and the careers of some people (such as Eric Roberts, who plays the head T.N.T. bad guy) then it is as a movie itself

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "T.N.T." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.