Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:39:33 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What 2006 movies are you looking forward to? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What 2006 movies are you looking forward to?  (Read 4634 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 03, 2006, 05:12:07 AM »

For me, I am looking forward to

X-Men - The Last Stand
Aeon Flux
Ultraviolet
Ghost Rider

And what movies are you going to avoid?

I am avoiding Hostel like the plague.  Torture movies never really do it for me, strangely enough!

~Archivist~

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
plan9superfan
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 06:28:44 AM »

Movies I'm looking forawrd to:

X-Men 3

Sin City 2

Superman Returns

Over the Hedge

Slither

Last Rites For the Dead

Movies I'm staying the hell away from:

-Resident Evil 3

-Alice

-Ultraviolet

-The Da Vinci Code

-Any s**tty remake of an otherwise great movie
dean

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 02:37:47 AM »

For some reason I'm not all up on what movies are to be released this year, but the ones I do know about sound ok.

V: For Vendetta is one I'm impatiantly waiting for, since I really enjoyed the Graphic Novel it was based on.

Other than that, Superman holds a bit of interest, as does Ghostrider because both were filmed in Australia [for the most part at least] but I've heard from some people who worked on Ghostrider that it won't be that good a film.  Still I'm interested.

Aeon Flux seems like it will be dissappointing, since the MTV cartoon is a favourite of mine, but I'll still see it.

Didn't even know about Ultraviolet until just today, so that should be good.

Other than that, nothing really too big is on my radar.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
plan9superfan
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 07:11:28 AM »

Ghost Rider is due for 2007, NOT 2006.

Aeon Flux looks nothing like the cartoon, I will NOT see it.

V for Vendetta seems interesting enough, in a kind of "Che Guevara 2099" sort of way.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 09:35:02 AM »

I want to check out Pirates of the Caribbean II (attack of the second titled movie)
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »

I too am looking forward to Ghostrider.  But the fact that it has been pushed back to 2007 is not a good sign.  Does Man-Thing sound familiar?  I bet we will see it as a made for SCIFI original or maybe it will just mysteriously show up on the video shelves one day.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 10:25:30 AM »

In 2006 all the ba dmovies I didn't see in 2005 will make it to NetFlix...that's what I look forward to

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »

I'm looking forward to any movie that was made before 1980 that will be released on DVD during 2006.  After the disappointing theatrical releases of 2005, I have become bitter and pessimistic.  (More than usual, that is).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 11:22:22 PM »

According to the IMDB, there's supposed to be a remake of The Entity due out sometime this year, but the page hasn't been updated since July 2004.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
plan9superfan
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 07:38:57 AM »

I can't belive you are actually looking forward to a REMAKE...
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »

The main film that I'm looking forward to is Fido.

Here's the plot:

Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family. A boy-and-his-dog movie for grown ups, "FIDO" will rip your heart out.

It's set in the 50s with zombies as an accepted part of society.  This one looks fantastic, and seems to be a pretty well made film, not a b-movie.

Otherwise, I'm seriously psyched about V For Vendetta.  I'm a huge fan of the graphic novel, and everything I've seen/read has been great.

The people should not be afraid of the government, the government should be afraid of the people.

Genius.  I think it'll be a "kick in the balls" movie for a lot of people.  I for one, can't wait.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 06:35:06 PM »

plan9superfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't belive you are actually looking forward to
> a REMAKE...

Yeah, well, I was a fan of Paul Schrader's Cat People for ten years before I found out it was a remake. Then again, I guess I'll never get my mind out of the gutter.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »

Couldn't an avoidance of remakes just because they are remakes be a form of ad hominem 'attack?'  I mean, why not judge a film on its own merits.

Though there have been some really crappy ones, there have been some very good remakes over the years.  And some where even remakes of good original movies.

The Thing, the new King Kong, Ocean's Eleven to name just three.  I'm sure we could (and have, actually, iirc) do a whole thread on GOOD remakes.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with a new director giving his take on an idea already done.  The lighting, mood, characterizations and fx might be new, even if the basic story premise is copied from a previous film.

I'd rather see more good remakes than endless sequels (that have lost the soul of the original), clone ideas or 'original' works that just plain suck.  For example, how many copies of American Pie did we really need?  How many iterations of Scream (eg, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, etc) were really creative and interesting?

No, I'd really rather see a good modernization of The Caine Mutiny, or perhaps a better reworking of Planet of the Apes.  The remakes will never diminish the original, like The Thing has not dimished The Thing From Another World, but can stand on their own.

Just one guy's opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
plan9superfan
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 07:44:57 AM »

1-The "Planet of the Apes" remake sucks. Burton DEFINETLY lost his touch.

2-Peter Jackson's "King Kong" remake sucked (the damn '70s version was better!). It was nothing but two hours of CGI monsters fighting with either Kong or the humans, cut with romantic scenes between a human and a 30 FOOT GORILLA!

3-I can't give you PLENTY of reason why to stay away from remakes: The Pink Panther, Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Assault on Precinct 13, The Fog, The Stepford Wives, House of Wax, Fun With Dick and Jane...

4-One bad thing does NOT justificate another bad thing. Bad sequels and rip-offs are JUST AS BAD as awful remakes.

"XXX: State of the Union" sucked.

"Son of the Mask" sucked

any Batman movie after "Batman Returns" sucked.

"Wild Things 2" sucked

"Starship Troopers 2" sucked.

And don't even get me started on the rip-offs:

Million Dollar Baby = Girlfight

28 Days Later = The Omega Man

The Island = THX 1138

XXX = every single Connery/Moore Bond movie

Looney Tunes: Back in Action = all three Austin Powers movies

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »

Hey plan9, what are you like ten years old? This place is called Badmovies, we like movies good and bad. Haven't you read any or Andrew's reviews?

It's quite okay to have your own opinion here, but chill it with the rants.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What 2006 movies are you looking forward to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.