Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:46:51 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about "The Running Man"??? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about "The Running Man"???  (Read 3602 times)
Yataran
« on: January 18, 2002, 10:41:52 AM »

Come on, I've been looking thru many pages and didn't find any review about "the Running Man" and here it isn't either. Well, I think that films deserves to have a place between the all the B-Movies...

See ya! Yataran
Neville
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 11:46:26 AM »

"Well, I think that films deserves to have a place between the all the B-Movies..."

I strongly disagree, unless you mean "Bad movies". I don't have any problem saying that Arnold has been in a good deal of good movies, and others were at least decent, but this one... If I could, I would erase it  inmediately from my brain. Not only it is cheap and predictable (many movies here are as well) but it is also boring and stupid. A movie which appears to condemn TV violence and ends up providing... more TV violence, but against the baddies. If they wanted a clever satire or a 1984-like movie, they picked the wrong actor, if they wanted a decent action flick, they picked trhe wrong plot.
Rev. Darkstar
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 12:00:35 PM »

Anyway Surviving the Game is so much better...
C. Hill
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2002, 01:03:25 PM »

The movie was garbage, but the novel that this movie is loosely (very loosely) based on is actually quite good.  First of all, there are no cartoony supervillians in it and the running man actually has the entire country to hide in.  There's a lot more to it than that but I'd suggest reading it, it has little if anything in common with the movie.  It's only about 130 or so pages and it was written by Steven King under the pseudonym Richard Bachman.  Anyway I'd reccomend it, it's a good read and should wash out the whatever bitter taste this movie left in your mouth.
Neville
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2002, 01:10:37 PM »

Actually, I have read it, and it is quite good. I think it should be among King's best novels. The pity is, it only makes the vision of the movie more bitter to me. Thanks for the advice, anyway, hope somebody picks the novel instead of the er, "movie" next time.
Lee
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2002, 05:27:16 PM »

Dang that's some harsh criticism. I love this movie! It's rediculously over-the-top and it knows it. Fast-paced, lots of violence, excessive dumb one-liners, what's not to like about this movie?!
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2002, 01:08:45 PM »

While i understand Neville's point, i'm inclined to agree with Lee. It;'s just a dumb actioner, with a tasty performance by Richard Dawson. "Newkirk" steals most of the show from Mr. "All be Bach". He has some of the best lines, and enjoys them. That comes across, and put an edge to an otherwise standard Austrian Actioner. In short, a good "B & P &V.A." movie : Beer,Pizza, and Verbal Abuse. Its a Misty life for me......A Misty life for me......
Lord_Humungous
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2002, 03:17:03 AM »

I think I've read King's 'running man'...near the end doesn't the hero tred on his own intestines while fighting in a plane?

I know this is off a movie topic, but what short story had a bunch of kids running a foot race until they either drop dead, or stop running and are shot dead?  Was that one of King's?
Cullen
Yep
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2002, 05:07:32 AM »

"I know this is off a movie topic, but what short story had a bunch of kids running a foot race until they either drop dead, or stop running and are shot dead? Was that one of King's?"

Actually, it's a novel of King/Bachman's called "The Long Walk".
Yataran
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2002, 05:45:49 AM »

Yeah! With B-Movie... I meant really BAD movie :P

But, I don't know... I must be kind of those persons who like to suffer... Because I've watched it a few times... Urgh! Okay, there are a few things on it that I like so... Why not??? There are worse things.

YataYataran wrote:
>
>   Come on, I've been looking thru many pages and didn't
> find any review about "the Running Man" and here it isn't
> either. Well, I think that films deserves to have a place
> between the all the B-Movies...
>
>   See ya! Yataran
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about "The Running Man"??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.