Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:49:41 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It looks like it's going to be a weekend of Destroy All Monsters. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: It looks like it's going to be a weekend of Destroy All Monsters.  (Read 3879 times)
plan9superfan
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 07:47:14 AM »

Come on! King Kong's only advantage over human beings is his height.

With him being as tall as Godzilla, the davatange is lost,. Now he's just a gorilla.

And they got it all wrong anyway. King Kong is 50 foot tall. Godzilla is 100 foot tall. Godzilla is taller than King Kong.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

OK, I'll just clear up some things... first off, about King Kong vs. Godzilla:

1. Many fights were fixed back in the early Godzilla movies. Godzilla was new in town, and needed the money, so he took a few dives... besides Kong, he also let Mothra get the upper hand in their first skirmish. Kong wouldn't stand a chance, and it may explain- well, besides the whole copyright/ trademark thing- why there's never been a rematch. Mothra on the other hand was more of a good sport, and to this day continues to give G-fans proper service by showing up strictly so she can get her wings clipped.

2. Despite being rereleased with King Kong Escapes- as well as being returned to the proper letterboxed format- this is as close as such a film will probably be ever released in this country.

3. Despite there being no alternate Japanese ending, many foreign movie posters for giant monster movies have since had Kong and Godzilla's names tacked on to draw an audience... I once saw a German poster for Godzilla vs. Megalon that had Kong's name on it.

Now, about Destroy All Monsters:

I know the dub you guys are referring to, and in the entire film they say "right" about 23 times. You could almost play a Destroy All Monsters drinking game with it. I always connect this film with Gappa because the guy dubbing the voice of the male lead is the same in both Amercanized versions.

And lastly, Final Wars:

I've heard a lot of hardcore G-fans bash this film for "being a mess", but I think a better reviewer would say this film is deceptively good. I picked up a copy months ago (on Christmas Eve, in fact), and I still keep watching it. I've actually watched it twice in a row at times. It's more fun than the campy G films, with better effects than most of the entire series, plus the pacing is much, much better (I hope we can bid a fond farewell to the Godzilla movies that take nearly 45 minutes to just show a monster). I love this movie.

plan9superfan
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 05:50:50 PM »

You said that Godzilla took a dive in "King Kong VS Godzila2, but that match ended in a draw.
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 07:00:38 PM »

Atually they said "right" about 40 times in Destroy All Monsters, I count "all right" also since they're still saying the word.

And I noticed how King Kong kept appearing on posters of movies that he never appeared in.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Flangepart

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »

King Kong comes in two sizes. Big Animal, and Kaiju.
Only the latter had a chance aginst the Big G.
The original would have been a light snack for Godzilla.

Final Wars was fun. I wasen't expecting Shakespear, and brother, did i not get that!
Its just like Anime. Style and method, over logic and substance.
Sometimes you feel like going nuts, sometimes ya don't...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
plan9superfan
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »

OK, what is the difference between Big Animal Kong and Kaiju Kong?
daveblackeye15

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 08:20:15 PM »

Just size really. I think the American version of KK vs G gave him power over electricity.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
plan9superfan
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 07:10:44 AM »

Even IF he had electricity powers (and where did THAT come from?), he STILL couldn't beat Godzilla.

What's electricity gonna do to a 100 foot radioactive monster?
Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 01:04:50 PM »

Well, the Toho Kong just did a Battery bit, and zapped G with some Lightening he stored up.
The original Kong is too small to affect G, nence the "Up scale" in KK Vs. G.

I think Mecha-Kong could give G a run for his money.
Give him a 20inch cannon/rifle, Laser sholder mounts, and a big ass AX, and you got the Amurricananswer to Mecha-Godzilla!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
plan9superfan
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »

It just goes to show, they have to call-in a robot version of Kong because the real Kong wouldn't last two minutes against Godzilla...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It looks like it's going to be a weekend of Destroy All Monsters. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.