Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:15 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "I Bury The Living" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "I Bury The Living"  (Read 2738 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 15, 2006, 06:24:46 PM »

I Bury The Living is a well done 50s low budget horror movie directed by Albert Band.  The premise is simple...the newly appointed caretaker of a local cemetery discovers quite by accident that when he puts black pins in people's pre-bought burial plts, they seem to end up dead....how...and what happens if he puts a white pin in?

Well doe, good suspense and atmosphere

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:53:37 AM »

Years ago I had this movie on VHS and I thought it was a pretty interesting story.  I haven't seen it in about 20 years, but the DVD is included in the HORROR CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK, so I'll probably watch it again soon.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:25:54 PM »

I know people who have seen it, and liked it, up to the end, which they don't like. I liked it for the fact that it starred Richard Boone. A much underutilized actor, who could play equally well, both the villain or the hero in films, and probably is best known for playing Paladin on "Have Gun Will Travel."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

*spoilers*

I thought the ending was what it had to be.  If it had gone the direction that I gess it was originally supposed to have, it would have the problem  of turning from a 'twilight zone' feel into a 'zombie' movie rather abrubtly and I thought that would be pretty akward.  What they ended up with, though, in providing a 'natural' explanation, did feel like it was rushed and had some problems.  But all along, there seemed to be an attempt to keep only the one character as going mad, while those around didn't quite buy it, so a natural resolution did seem more sensible.

=======================
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »

When it comes to MOvies,these would be excellent candidates for "I Bury The Living":"Gigli";"The Honeymooners";"The Pacifier";"Elektra";"Daredevil";The Upcoming Big Screen Versions of "Dallas";"Miami Vice";Remakes of "The Poseidon Adventure";"The Dirty Dozen";"Let's Get Harry".*(*As Far as That Goes,The Original "Let's Get Harry"Turned Out To Be A 'I Bury The Living'At The Box Office 20 Years Ago!!t Did So Bad,That It was Only Shown on HBO Twice,Then Dissapeared Completely!!).These Stinkers Need To Be Buried Deep!!!Sell The DVDS To The Army and Marines So They Can Use Them For Target Practice!!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 07:52:30 AM »

The Burgomaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Years ago I had this movie on VHS and I thought it
> was a pretty interesting story.  I haven't seen it
> in about 20 years, but the DVD is included in the
> HORROR CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK, so I'll probably
> watch it again soon.

You know you're getting up there in age when you say, "I haven't seen it in 20 years."
LOL!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 12:21:10 AM »

Saw this a couple years ago. Not a bad film starring Richard Boone. Neat idea that didn't come off real great. Worth a look. It's a quality production.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 04:08:56 AM »

And it was reviewed by Nathan this week!

Check out his ColdFusion Video review

I Bury The Living

=======================
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "I Bury The Living" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.