Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:40:19 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings  (Read 2151 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 20, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »

Well, can't believe it's been 21 days since my last post. My mother passed away March 2nd and we moved into a new home the same week while preparing our old home for sale.

These are the only films that I've viewed during the last 3 weeks.

HELL IS FOR HEROES (1962) - Good WWII film starring Steve McQueen, James Colburn, Bobby Darin, and even Bob Newhart. It's about a group of about 6 soldiers who have to hold a position against a larger force of Nazis. Steve Mcqueens character is a little to serious for me, but he comes through in the end of the film.

WESTERN UNION (1941) - Though I remember the name of this film as a kid I couldn't remember a scene from the film as I watched it, so I'm guessing I never saw it before. It's a very good Western starring Randolf Scott and Robert Young in this story about the Western Union telegraph line out West. Good historical drama with a little romance. You don't have to like Westerns to enjoy this film. Directed by Fritz Lang and in Technicolor.

RAGE OF THE MASTERS (1975?) - Well, that is the title on the cover of this $1 DVD I picked up. The film is actually excellent with great death scenes. It stars Jimmy Wang and Chiao Chiao. Wish I could figure out the real name of this film because I'm sure "Rage of the Masters" isn't the real title. Based on the limited info at imdb.com I'm guessing it's real name might be "Hero" or "Rage of the Tiger", but I'm not sure. It's about two older brothers and their schools of Kung Fu who fight it out to the death and a young master fighter who keeps his skills quite through his mothers guideance then later to defend the remnates of the losing school. This film is a keeper. If you find it buy it.

Actress Chiao Chiao (This image isn't from the film)

Scott's Movie Marathon

dean

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 12:29:50 AM »

Welcome back brother Scott!  Sorry to hear about your mother, and I hope the move went smoothly.

A friend of mine recently moved house near me, and is already asking for stuff to borrow!

I don't actually have anything to add about the movies above by the way, but the blog is a great idea to list your viewings, and so we can have a look at the massive list we all have to live up to!

Anyways, keep on keeping on, and hey, someone other than you or I started a Gigli thread while you were gone, I guess we're getting through to them!  Poor, poor bastards...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:36:36 AM »

Sorry to hear about your mother.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42:29 AM »

Thanks guys. Perhaps later I'll tell you about it all. All the events of the past month where quite extra ordinary to say the least. Supernatural in fact.

odinn7

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 07:53:17 AM »

So sorry about the bad news Scott. You and your family are in my thoughts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 08:12:36 AM »

I was wondering where you were there buddy. Sorry to hear the bad news about your mom. Kinda sounds  like my situation back '94. My mother died on March 15 and I had to leave my family to start a new job in Houston until school was out, sell my house, and find a new one. Really too much trauma at once. Hope you and yours are doing okay.

About Hell is for Heroes, I saw Bob Newhart on the Tonight Show once talking about the film. He said the way they ended it with the guys attacking was not the real ending. Don Siegel ran out money and the studio wouldn't give him anymore to finish it, so they just quit at that point.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »

Ah, yes . . . HELL IS FOR HEROES.  This is one of my favorite WWII movies.  The ensemble cast is great.  I love the small-scale battles and atmosphere of isolation and impending doom.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »

Scotty,My Sympathies To You and Yours About The Recent Passing Of Your Mother.I Went Down That Road In February Of 1982,So I Kinda Know What Your'e Going Through.I Officially Joined The Orphan's Club in Late December of 1997 After My Father Passed Away Right After Christmas That Year.It Hurts At First,But Eventually You Get Used To The Idea That Theyr'e No LOnger With You In Body,But Theyr'e Always Be with You In Spirit. Singer/Songwriter/Author/Candidate For Governor of Texas KInky Friedman Wrote A Very Touching Article About His Parent's Deaths In The January 2003 Texas Monthly. I Haven't Done Too Much Movie Watching Lately.I Watched Part of "LA Confidential"Over The Weekend.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.