Main Menu

THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER (1958)

Started by The Burgomaster, March 26, 2006, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

This is another one of those "worst of the worst" movies that every bad movie fan MUST see.

It starts out with a wealthy young woman getting kidnapped by two thugs and their alcoholic female companion.  While this is happening, a narrator reads some really stupid (I mean REALLY STUPID) voiceover explanations.

They take the woman into the woods and force their way into a cabin where a geologist lives with his dog.

Meanwhile, a sexy, blonde alien in a tight-fitting body suit lurks around outside the cabin.  Before long, we find out that she can kill people simply by touching them.

The people in the cabin argue, fight, point guns at each other, etc., as they try to figure out a way to escape.  This leads us to the magnificently DUMB ending.

And all of this takes place in about 62 minutes.

Another "great" addition to my DVD collection.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Scott

Wow ! Believe it or not Burgomaster this is a film that I have been thinking about for years, but just couldn't place the title with the film. Your discription of the movie was perfect and just as I remember watching it in the 70's. I remember liking this film alot along with many others like THE FLESH EATERS, KONGA, GIANT FROM THE UNKNOWN, THE CRAWLING EYE, PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO. For many years now I have seen the color DVD cover art for THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER (1958) and never imagined it was a film that I've been trying to think of the title for years. Been wanting to see THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER also without knowing that it was a film that I was looking. The film idea reminds me a little bit of QUEEN OF BLOOD (1966). Looking forward to viewing THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER again someday.

Thanks Burgomaster.