Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:34:05 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RetroCrush's 100 scariest movie moments...let the debate begin « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: RetroCrush's 100 scariest movie moments...let the debate begin  (Read 12712 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: March 22, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »

All I've got to say is there are too many moments from Poltergeist. Didn't think it was that scary.

100 Scariest Movie Moments

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 12:38:46 PM »

That is a good bunch of films. A few months ago POLTERGEIST was on TV and was impressed by how good this film is. Saw it many times in the mid-80's as I thought it was over played on pay TV. It was neat to see part of it again.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 12:44:39 PM »

The Exorcist needed more scenes to that list, currently that's the one movie that still scares me.

And from the "Thing" the crawling head wasn't that scary, creepy but not scary. If there was anything that was scary from that movie it was the entire kennel scene.

And I don't remember being scared by the Dumbo scene.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 12:48:44 PM »

Wow!
I had no idea that Giger designed the big worm that Craig T. Nelson pukes out in Poltergeist 2.
I haven't seen that film in years...I might have to rent it soon.

I'll always remember it for the scene when Robbie's braces start to behave with a mind of their own.
I had braces myself at the time.

I do agree about the clown scene in Poltergeist.
I've had numerous people tell me that they have hated clowns their entire lives because they were so traumatized by that scene.

My pick for best scene is definitely this one:

Any scene that can affect people's lives later in life has my vote.
(it was lampooned nicely in Scary Movie 2)
:)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »

The Crying Game?  C'mon, the punchline was kinda wierd and had some 'shock' value, but was NOT scary.

Glad to see Boris and Lon made the list for some true classics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »

The fact that WILLY WONKA is #19 causes this entire list end up in the toilet.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »

Now that water tunnel scene was plenty scary to me as a kid.

If it must be on the list then it should be #100.

But I fully support "THE ROOM" scene from Texas Chainsaw Massecre.

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 04:59:25 PM »

To me, anyway, these kinds of lists are entirely subjective, and of course they change over time for each person.

peter johnson

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:14:50 PM »

Yeah, I agree with the "subjectivity" crtique and do think that the inclusion of Crying Game is a bit bizarre --
     However, I give the guy points for including many old and some silent pictures -- I really hate to think that someday silent film and older film will be unwatched/unknown.  And, yes, I did read the other thread on that topic --
     The "enter, my Lord" scene from The Innocents(1962) should creep out anyone who has a pulse & isn't on the list here --
     "Suspuria" bored me.  Still does.  Lord knows, I gave it the old college try, but I still find it too stylized & methodical, without any real scares . . . See how subjective it all gets?
     Yay!  A BIG yay, for the inclusion of "Night of The Hunter" on any list anywhere for any reason.  To me, the Shelly Winters scene is lovely, but isn't as creepy as the "journey on the river" sequence, or any of the numerous scenes wherein Robert Mitchum questions the children -- Really, anything at all that will get more people to dig out "Night . . ." & watch it is aces in my book.  This movie is scary as hell on different levels.  I showed it to a friend of mine recently who is much more up on Zombie films & slasher films/gore, etc, than I am, & it creeped him right out.
peter crane/denny denny

I have no idea what this means.
dean

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 11:58:10 PM »

Hehe, yeah, Night of the Hunter is great.

'It's a story of Love and Hate' [I love that scene, and the nod Spike Lee gives to it in "Do the Right Thing'']

I was watching Dead Man a few days ago, and realised that Robert Mitchum is in it as well, in a great scene involving a big big gun.  Fun movie.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
loyal1
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 01:14:27 AM »

That halloween scene with him Mike Myers dressed as a ghost did give me the creeps.  The shinning messed me up when I saw it at the age of  8.  "Come and play with us"  eeek.  I feel there are some things missing though.  I think the ones that scare me the most is when kids are invloved.  No one believes the kids, and it's like you are taken back to those times when monsters were in the closet and you SWORE you saw something lurking in the shadows.  That moment in the sixth Sense when the kid was trying to take a p**s alone...I was scared, and that girl puking in the tent, made me jumo...I admit it.  For the most part the usual slasher films and gore and all that doesn't scare me.

Suspense does.  Creepy suspense with anticipation.  I like it.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 01:29:15 AM »

I didn't notice earlier that they had the "Squeal" scene from "Deliverance". I watched that about two months ago. I wouldn't call it flat out scary at first, however it was very uncomfortable to watch, and the more I thought about it the scarier it became since it was realistic. Much more likely to happen than being attacked by a killer clown doll under the bed, or running into a shape shifting alien.

plan9superfan
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 06:01:04 AM »

When I was 5 years old, I couldn't watch "Dumbo" because of that damn scene with the elephants.

I grew terrified of the movie, and I really hated my sadistic parents who made me watch just because it was a Disney movie.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »

You outta try some of the Camel's freaked out scenes from "Raggedy Ann"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »

Fearless Freep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You outta try some of the Camel's freaked out
> scenes from "Raggedy Ann"

I actually liked that movie when I was a kid because Didi Conn did the voice of Raggedy Ann.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RetroCrush's 100 scariest movie moments...let the debate begin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.