Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:37:20 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RetroCrush's 100 scariest movie moments...let the debate begin « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: RetroCrush's 100 scariest movie moments...let the debate begin  (Read 12629 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2006, 07:16:13 AM »

daveblackeye15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with you on the kennel scene from the
> thing, and also the whole Physco thing, but I
> disagree with you on the Exorcist.
>
> Like people have said, everyone's list is similar
> and or different.

Believe it or not, I saw the Exorcist when I was little, around five, and it didn't scare me one bit.  Years later, when I was 19 or 20, I thought that maybe I just didn't understand it enough at that age to be frightened of it.  So, I watched it again and, nope, not scary.  For one thing, I think it goes too far.  Come on, now ... she pukes chunks of crap that wiggle like frogs' legs!  That's not scary, that's funny!  The makeup looked like lime jellow slimed on her face!  The crucifix masturbation/self abuse thing was pure exploitation on the level of a naughty nun flick.  And the crabwalk ... my friend Daniel could crabwalk *just* like that.  He used to do it and say, "Look at me, I'm Linda Blair!"

I dunno, it just never worked on me.  One of the main reasons may be that I don't have, don't want, and plain don't like children.  (Whether they realize it or not, I think a lot of the horror people get from this movie is that the *director* - rather than the devil - did all that to a little kid.)  Secondly, the depiction of Satan (or Pazuzu, or whatever) the movie puts forth is a real wuss.  The extent of his powers seems to be making kids turn green and throw up -- hell, they do that on their own!  (Yeah, yeah, he can toss stuff around the room, too.)

Poltergeist, on the other hand, played right into my fears as a small child.  Scary trees outside the window ... scary things under the bed ... a monster in the closet ... not being safe in your own house ...

I haven't seen it in twenty or more years and I doubt it would scare me at all today.  Hey!  I ought to watch them both on a double bill!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RetroCrush's 100 scariest movie moments...let the debate begin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.