Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:48:37 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Books that I wish they would make into movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Books that I wish they would make into movies  (Read 6782 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 12:04:18 AM »

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen a version of The Most Dangerous Game that really followed Richard Connell's short story all that well.

The 1932 version seemed to take to many liberties, and it seems like every version since then is just another rip-off of the 1932 film.

I'd like to see version that depicts Rainsford as the haughty sportswriter who drops his pipe & falls overboard, with that slightly more downbeat ending.

I don't know why, but for some stupid reason, I can just imagine Tim Hines recycling Piana & The PushBroom for one that's, uh, well, a little bit closer to the book than SlaveGirls from Beyond Infinity.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
plan9superfan
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 07:46:23 AM »

How about a movie version of "The Once and Future King"?
daveblackeye15

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 07:03:33 PM »

Y'know I wouldn't mind seeing the Godzilla books by Mark Cerasini made.

I havn't read his first book, Godzilla Returns in which Godzilla comes back from dead. I believe it takes place in the later half of the 1990's and this would be his first apperance after dying in Gojira. It shoulds like it's just Godzilla in this one.

Godzilla 2000. Hmm the name is rather similar to an actual movie. This one I've read and I think it could work well as a film. Something in common with Cerasini's books is that the main characters are pretty much teenagers in their older teen years. That might annoy some people but hey I was in middle school when I read these books so it was cool then. Anyway most of the action in this books takes place in the U.S. and that's fine by me since all of the monsters are well handled. This would make a much better Godzilla movie than the 1998 film. Godzilla is in it, so is Rodan, a whole army of Kamakaras, Varan who takes on this stories Super X/ XY3 super Jet, the Raptor., King Ghidorah shows up at the end and so does Mothra. Then we have a two on one monster battle. It pretty much had everything to make an entertaining Godzilla movie.

Godzilla at World End. Now this book has a LOT of monsters, however it's sort of a Destroy All Monsters setting so it works this time. Monster's appear all over the world. Godzilla, Rodan, Anigirus battle Gigan, Manda and Hedorah fight Godzilla, Battra shows up briefly, Megalon appears in Russia and is said to have been driven off (off screen) and Biollante shows up at the end for the final battle. A good read.

Godzilla vs the Robot Monsters. Okay this one over does the monsters just a tad. Godzilla appears at the end. Mecha-Godzilla II is built by the U.S., Moggura by Russia. They tackle different monsters, such as Baragon (no heat beam AGAIN!), Angiruis, Fire Rodan appears briefly, Mecha-Ghidorah and a few others. It's got good action but Godzilla only shows up at the end.

Sadly the fifth book wasn't realeased for some reason but on the cover Manda was on it.

Mark is certainly a bigger Godzilla fan than Roland Emm could ever be.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
plan9superfan
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 06:44:49 AM »

How about "Catcher in the Rye"?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 01:16:46 PM »

Hey, I read JOSHUA, SON OF NONE!  My mother used to belong to one of those book clubs where you get like 6 hardcover books for $1.00 and then you need to buy 3 or 4 more at regular price.  JOSHUA, SON OF NONE was one of them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 01:18:23 PM »

CATCHER IN THE RYE is one of my all-time favorite books.  I'm surprised they never adapted it for the big screen.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lord_humungous
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »

"I' d also like to see a decent rendering of Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever--ooooooooh, waynhims, ur-viles, and the detestable Lord Foul."

Oh man, I haven't thought about that series in a long time.  I had my highschool class ring made out of white gold after those books. Too bad the 2nd series sucked....

I'd love to see John De Chancie's Starrigger as a movie.  Driving through the galaxy in a huge semi(a huge semi that has as its computer the ghost of your dead father)....or more importantly, in an indestructable '57 chevy(an indestructable '57 chevy with a super exotic weapons control built into the glove compartment)  :)
loyal1
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 06:43:11 PM »

I remember reading Catcher in the Rye on a train ride to NYC.  I was suppose to read it in jr. high but I never did, so I thought I would make up for it 9 years later.  It is a great book but it would take a talented director and crew  and cast to pull it off.

I remember I read To Kill a Mockingbird before I watched the movie...and although it wasn't to the letter of the book, I reaally liked the performances.

Can you think of any director, actresses/actors that would be great for Catcher in the Rye?
perverse
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 04:49:07 AM »

Also, wish they would make a movie of Bret Easton Elli`s  American Psycho..
( yeah, i know they did....kinda - but i mean 100% true to the book...nothing left out, every little gory detail included )
plan9superfan
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 05:53:28 AM »

Hey, what's wrong with Christian "god of acting" Bale?
perverse
New Visitor

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2006, 07:45:39 AM »

CB a great actor.. The movie didnt live up though..
plan9superfan
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2006, 08:01:29 AM »

How, exactly? It was horrific, gripping, and morbidly funny, just like the book.

raj

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2006, 09:38:04 AM »

I concur on the Thomas Covenant series.
Also, Hiero's Journey & The Unforsaken Hiero by Sterling Lanier.  Basically they are about a guy living in a post apocalyptic  US.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »

"The Tripod" trilogy by British writer John Christopher. Except for the "Lord of the Rings," the first trilogy I ever remember reading in school.

The BBC, a number of years ago, did do a television series based on the books, but only on the first two books: "The White Mountains" and "The City of Gold and Lead." Apparently, the series was canceled before they got around to doing the third book in the trilogy: "The Pool of Fire." Which to my thinking was the best of the three.

I don't know how faithfully the series followed the books, because the series was seen here only on a few PBS stations, and none of them were in my local area.

There is some talk of the Disney subsidiary, Touchstone Pictures, doing a theatrical version of the trilogy, but, I think it would go better as a television miniseries. Even at two hours, you'd have to cut out alot. Unless you wanted to do each book as a separate film, like Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings."
perverse
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2006, 02:52:06 AM »

95% of the violence was left out / left to the viewers imagination.. No real slashing to talk about.
I`m not saying its a bad movie, - i aint.  But it is nothing like the book.
But i suppose it would have got a totally different rating if all blood and gore was included.
The book was extremely violent, whilst the movie was mostly innuendo.
Get it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Books that I wish they would make into movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.