Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:11:42 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  p**sed off agine. : When movies make ya' mad. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: p**sed off agine. : When movies make ya' mad.  (Read 8438 times)
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2002, 07:43:19 PM »

How about "Pitch Black" where the bad guy was really vicious but also the coolest character and the good guys needed him to survive (and the ending broke a few "who will survive?" rules)
Lord_Humungous
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2002, 08:01:24 PM »

Ah yes!  I forgot about that movie.   I liked Vin Diesels character, but wound up disliking the movie.  I liked the idea, but not the end product.

I was also hoping that the little 'boy' woulda been the first one munched.
Lord_Humungous
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2002, 08:14:34 PM »

Tho to be fair, Diesel's bad guy sort of attoned for his crimes by helping the others survive.
Ringneck
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2002, 08:54:59 PM »

List, talk about plot holes, lets review the 4th Alien movie

1) Space pirates told to relinquish weapons when entering the Military/Industrial space craft because of a fragile hull that would be easily punctured by bullets.  Rest of movie spent shooting bullets(space marines, soldiers) into said ship with no ill effects.  Most bullets strike Aliens who bleed acid, which leads to the question why thier blood doesnt eat a hole in teh eggshell like hull?  There is even the use of a grenade or two as well....

2) Ship is located "At the edge of Known(might have been called explored) Space" yet they recieve signals from teh Home Shopping Network

3) Ship(on the edge of known space, remember) is set on self destruct.  The ship counts down to its destruction while the survivors race to the space pirates smaller ship.  Countdown to self destruction wasnt for that long, no longer than a few hours, maybe as short as 15 minutes, yet the ship strikes earth before or as it explodes.  
-----Now look at this objectivley, the edge of known space was only 15 minutes from earth.  Had the evil captain spent a Sunday after noon piloting in a strait line he could have increased the boundaries of known space 100 fold.    

BradLaGrange(who loved the first two Aliens and didnt mind #3)
Ringneck
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2002, 09:00:08 PM »

What I hate about  some Speilberg movies is how everyone with a gun MUST die.  He doesnt like guns, thats fine, make movies with out guns, fine; insert anti-gun messages into your films, fine; make anti-gun commercials ect, fine; dont put people in survival situation and then kill off the guy with the gun to prove a lousy point ina psuedo-subliminal way!   Just dont put in a character with a gun, or dont give the cannon/dino fodder a gun.  Look at the second JP where all those guys with the guns get nice and eaten by raptors.    Just a gripe.  

BradLaGrange
Future Boy 3000
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2002, 09:57:09 PM »

Crack in the Floor. They killed the best looking woman and the only semi-interesting character first. While they let A.C friggin' Slater live until the end. Bastards.

Oh, and Batman and Robin. For obvious reasons.
McTommo
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2002, 07:00:50 AM »

Bloodsucking freaks p**sed me off like no other movie ever has ever.

And i was seriously going to turn it off after 10 minutes, but apparently there was an awesome surprise ending.........when i saw it i almost killed myself.

And during the movie i almost punched a hole in the wall it was p**sing me off so much, i cut my knuckles and all, and im usually a passive guy.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2002, 12:00:15 PM »

What I hate about some Speilberg movies is how everyone with a gun MUST die.

How about "Deep Blue Sea" where all the "smart scientists" get munched and the only survivors are the two less educated
Jay O\'Connor
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2002, 12:04:11 PM »

Ah yes! I forgot about that movie. I liked Vin Diesels character, but wound up disliking the movie. I liked the idea, but not the end product.

I really liked tha movie.  I loved the atmosphere and cinemotography.  I also had two kittens when I first saw the movie.  One was black and one was grey and the would slink around in the dark a *lot* like the baddies in the movie and it crepped me out a bit

I was also hoping that the little 'boy' woulda been the first one munched.

Give credit where do, the survivor list at then end was probably not what you would've predicted given standard formulas.
Flangepart
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2002, 12:14:11 PM »

Hummmm....well...how about "Shawshank Redemption"? Oh, wait, the hero was innocent,wasen't he? Though you question does still seem to fit. I loved seeing the warden and the head guard getting what they deserved. As a Christian, i don't like seeing hypocrits get away with anything. hummm....i guess it does depend on what limets the Criminal sets for himself. See what you make of this. "The Limey" was a great "Sunshine Noir".And i could emotionaly get behind his need for revenge. However, to do that, the film has to justify this by creating , not so much "Bad" guys, as it needs "Worse" guys.....if that makes any sense. Same with "Payback", and the Lee Marvin flick that inspired it. Maby it is a case of the limets on how bad the anti-hero is willing to act. Go too far, and then you feel discusted at the character. Thats my feeling about Lector and Buffalo Bill. I've always felt anger at psychos and other heartless people. Does this make sense to ya'?
Flangepart
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2002, 12:19:14 PM »

Its so illogical, realy. The ONLY means of compensating for the muscle/reflex superiority of the raptors and such is the gun. It reaches out and touches the monster before it has a chance to eat the human. If it gets in close and cuts down reaction time for the shooter, fine. But with out guns, or at least spears and swords, i ain't buying it. It just don't make sense.!
Flangepart
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2002, 12:23:12 PM »

Yeah, yeah, gotta give ya' that one, Humongous. He seemed to have develouped a heart after his experiance. Hummm...more food for thought....
Lord_Humungous
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2002, 03:12:06 PM »

I was 'only' rooting for Lector, not Buffalo Bill.  Which now that I think of it is completely backward, but that's just the way I'm biased I guess.  

Lector to me is like a monster movie baddie that is kept in a cage and poked with sticks.  The ones doing the poking are always confident in their obvious superiority to this dumb creature they keep as a pet.  Until, of course, it shows them just how wrong they were by outwitting them at every turn and munching the lot of 'em.

SIDENOTE:  Actor's faces and voices always seem to stick with me.  Every time I watch a movie I'll see some bit actor and have to go through my memory and think about all the other roles they've have.  When I can partially recognize the face, but not remember who the hell it was it REALLY bugs me.

I watched Evolution the other night( fairly crappy, but fun to watch with a gang o buddies) and when the big bad general came on the screen I KNEW I had heard his voice before but for some reason just couldn't place it at first.  It took me 10 minutes before I realized it was General Buffalo Bill.  That dude's voice is messed up.
Lord_Humungous
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2002, 03:46:15 PM »

I could have loved that movie, but there were too many plot points that relied on 'Deus ex Stupida'.  The scene where they devise that sled with a generator for power and wrap themselves in light pipe almost cost me a TV set.  When Pompus Prissy Dude drops something(I forget what, it's been a while since I've seen it) then freaks and trashes their light setup I tried to jump into the screen so I STRANGLE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!!

I'd like to think that in a life or death situation I'd have enough of a survival instinct to sit down with Pompus Prissy Dude and calmly discuss the fact the he is obviously going to get everyone killed and will have to be sacrificed for the good of the group.  I would also like to think that I would have the sense to have this discussion with him BEFORE he starts handing out bibs to the baddies and asking them if they'd prefer red wine or maybe a nice Chablis to go with their dinner.  GRRR!!

I liked the premise of the movie and thought it was well filmed.  Now that I think of it, the reason why I didn't like this movie was BECAUSE I liked Diesel's character so much.  I just had to sympathize with him every time he looked back at the rest of his little group.....the look on his face screaming, "Good God!  I have to save you morons AGAIN?!?!?"  

Hmm.  I guess that's why they killed the hispanic chick earlier in the film.  To show that at first Diesel's character would save his own skin instead of risking his ass to save someone else.  Hmmm.  That sounds like a good plan....he shoulda stuck with it.  :)
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2002, 05:02:08 PM »

What Hispanic Chick?  

You mean the girl that gets pulled in half?  That's Claudia Black from "Farscape", just about the only good sci-fi show on TV today.  She's Australian

I agree about the Deus Ex Stupida, though.  You really had to suspend disbelief at the coincidences, both good and bad, for anything to work
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  p**sed off agine. : When movies make ya' mad. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.