Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:28 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starchaser: the Legend of Orin « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starchaser: the Legend of Orin  (Read 2368 times)
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 08, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »

Essentially a Star Wars rip-off done in animation (and intially- 3-D). I found this baby on dvd from Ebay.
It's pleasantly entertaining, if not uninspired. RIYL: 'Rock N' Rule' and 'Heavy Metal'.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 07:41:13 PM »

I rather liked this obscure little movie.  You don't see independant animated projects like that anymore.

Since you mentioned Rock & Rule, I'd just like to say that it's a prime example of what happens when people who don't know any better set out to make a good movie.  Deeply flawed, to be sure, but it has so much heart it's impossible not to like.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 07:55:11 PM »

Entertaining flick.  Definetly a Star Wars ripoff, but it still manages to entertain quite nicely.  Very reminiscent of the period - the late 70s early 80s independant animated films, like Wizards and Fire and Ice, etc.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

I have been meaning to pick this up, because it has probably been 18 years since I saw it.

I did pick up "Rock & Rule" (the 2 DVD edition I have also has "The Devil and Daniel Mouse" on it, which was a treat).  The film is hard not to like.  The makers were so obviously trying and some things do work (not the least of which is that Mok either looks like Steve Tyler or David Bowie - depending on the wig).  Unfortunately, parts do not.  The film does enjoy an upgrade if you keep the remote handy to fast forward when it drags.

The original "Heavy Metal" is a fun film.  I like it a lot.  Everything from Den to the B17 full of zombies to the alien abduction is still enjoyable to watch.  I recently finished working on the writing for a review of "Heavy Metal 2000."  Talk about no family resemblence...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
plan9superfan
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 06:54:23 AM »

Say, it's "Starchaser" a kids-and-family animated movie (like "Titan AE" and "Treasure Planet")?
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

Yes. But I think it's rated 'PG'.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

While I don't remember it as being a "family" film, I do remember that it was rated PG, which makes it comparable to "Titan AE" and "Treasure Planet,." Both of which were also related PG. I also remember watching "Starchaser" in 3-D.
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:44:08 PM »

Starchaser was released theatrically in 3-D.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starchaser: the Legend of Orin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.