Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:43:19 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE BUBBLE (3D - - 1966) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE BUBBLE (3D - - 1966)  (Read 1115 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 09, 2006, 08:26:52 AM »

I bought recently bought this DVD after having it on my "need to see" list ever since I was a little kid.  I remember seeing ads for it back in the 1970s under the alternate (and more exciting) title THE FANTASTIC INVASION OF PLANET EARTH . . . in "Spacevision" (3-D).

The DVD comes with 2 pairs of blue / red 3-D glasses (although, I believe the theatrical release used gray polarized 3-D glasses, which won't work on a television screen).  They tried this same stunt a few years ago with COMIN' AT YA!  I bought that movie, too, and the 3-D is mostly blurry and hard to watch because it was in "fake" blue / red 3-D.

The 3-D effects in THE BUBBLE are a lot better than in the COMIN' AT YA! DVD, but they range from "clear and excellent" to "blurry and bad."  But, overall, the DVD is very watchable.

The movie is sort of like a TWILIGHT ZONE or OUTER LIMITS episode.  Two men and a pregnant woman flying in a small, private plane need to make an emergency landing when the woman goes into labor.  They end up in a town that looks like a movie studio back lot where the citizens walk around like they are in a trance repeating the same lines over and over again.  After the woman (Deborah Walley, who also starred in GIDGET GOES HAWAIIAN) has her baby, they decide to leave the town, but discover that a transparent, impenetrable dome has them trapped inside!  They believe that aliens placed the dome over the town in order to study the inhabitants!  They think that the plane flew under the dome when it was opened briefly "like a fly getting under a cake cover."

They spend the rest of the movie trying to find a way out.  They decide to dig a tunnel under the dome and crawl out!  I WON'T REVEAL THE ENDING, BUT IT'S A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!  (Which is a shame, because the concept and execution are fairly interesting for much of the movie, but the ending is a let-down).

Another cheese classic from the dusty vaults of the Burgomaster.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE BUBBLE (3D - - 1966) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.