Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:05:00 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Moonwalker « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Moonwalker  (Read 5483 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 08:16:12 AM »

plan9superfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Funny that no one talked about the movie
"Moonwalker" thus far...

I've never seen it.
Hell, I don't even know what it's about.

dean

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »

ASHTHECAT Wrote:
> plan9superfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Funny that no one talked about the movie
> "Moonwalker" thus far...
>
> I've never seen it.
> Hell, I don't even know what it's about.

I second that motion.  I haven't seen it nor even know about it in any way.  If you didn't mention it was based on Michael Jackson's work, I would have just assumed it was an Apollo 13 type rip off.

But like mentioned in another post: we do kind of drift off topic quite often, but that's usually when there's something interesting to talk about, or we're just being a bunch of silly asses, either way really...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 02:56:59 PM »

Good topic to bring up.

There are some artists whom I disagree with on some issues, but who I still admire a great deal both as people and as artists. Like Viggo Mortensen.

There are some where I still enjoy their work, but have heard horror stories about their unprofessional behavior. Like Faye Dunaway.

There are people who have been mired in scandal, but I still admire their work. Like Roman Polanski.

There are people who I think are involved in things I disagree with completely, but I still like them a lot. Like Danny Masterson (who's been involved with Scientology since he was a young kid).

Then there are those who just p**s me off so much that I like to pretend that they don't exist.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 09:32:50 PM »

Going with the 'mistakes famous people make in ther past' topic:

What about those charges that are still pending against Roman Polanski about the supposed sexual misconduct with a minor when compared to the astounding movies he has made? LH-C's point is very valid.

I personally don't give a crap about an artist's personal life. I bet in a million years when they're all dead and gone (and so are we who made a big deal out of it in the first place) and all that's left are the headlines and the art, every one will see the artist for the work they have created, not the petty scandal we blew out of proportion. Michael Jackson was a terrific entertainer and musician and I still love to listen to Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, and all of his other work. As for his face or condition, or whatever... big deal. Let him do what he wants to do. So he wants to climb trees and hold an umbrella during the day? Big deal. How does it affect me unless I actively chose to involve myself in their personal life, which will never cross mine, so why should I care.

Remember what Andy Warhol said about celebrities "We live in the cult of celebrities." But also think of it this way: "celebrities are like imperial stormtroopers - no matter how fast you kill 'em off, there's always a clone to take their place." So why should I care about what one person has done with their personal life if someone's already done it dozens of minutes ago. What, except for their art, can they offer to the world in exchange for the media spotlight? Very little. So I'll pay attention to their art and respect them for their creativity in a tangible medium, but no one's going to remember that thing they did that one time a billion years from now. But remember "The Persistence of Memory?" Remember "Annie Hall" and "Manhattan." Remember Richard Pryor's comedy. Remember "The Raven." Remember "Live At Folsom Prison, Vertigo, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Campbell's Soup Cans." Remember the art.

But I also understand that there are intelligent and well-spoken celebrities whose opinions are not based on sensationalism, but rather on a good idea. But look and listen for them. Pick up a book. They're probably not on tv right now.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Menard
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 10:37:41 PM »

ulthar Wrote:
> And there is always the Dixie Chicks.  Does one
> moment of ill-judgement really nullify the quality
> of their PAST work?

That is quite a contrast in comparison; comparing someone, Michael Jackson, who has certainly led many to believe that accusations against him are not just accusations by the very nature of his eccentric behavior and poor judgement, to the Dixie Chicks, who exercised an activity previously known in this country as free speech, but were crucified by their own industry for speaking their minds.

Of course, the comparison does does also bring up an interesting observation.

The Dixie Chicks had one moment of speaking their minds (which arguably would have been better received today than when it was said) and have been ostracized because of it. Michael Jackson has shown, whether he has been found guilty or not, a propensity of certain untoward behavior with regard to minors, and still, albeit he has suffered in popularity and income, is very much a celebrity.

Myself, I still like hearing hits from Michael Jackson's Thriller days, and Dirty Diana is one of my favorites of his hits. He was a hitmaker in the 80's and paved the way that set the pop music industry, and especially the music video industry, on fire. The Michael Jackson of today is quite a different icon than what he was in the 80's and I wouldn't want to buy one of his albums now; although I might buy a greatest hits CD. (:

Interesting point you bring up Ulthar.

odinn7

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 06:46:43 AM »

Menard Wrote:
> He was a hitmaker in the
> 80's and paved the way that set the pop music
> industry, and especially the music video industry,
> on fire.

Yes...and he set his hair on fire for Pepsi too! Oh, the good old days...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 12:07:18 PM »

Ah, Michael Jackson trying to save the children from the same evil empire that seemed to control the world in "Solarbabies."  I think this movie is great for one reason:  when they are trapped and he transforms into a giant laser and particle cannon shooting robot.  Almost as surprising as Thor! turning out to be an archangel in "Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fearless Freep

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 12:31:03 PM »

Andrew, dude...Michael Jackson as a robbot and "Rock 'n' Roll NIghtmare", thanks for giving me two seperate flashbacks to things I'd rather not remember...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
plan9superfan
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »

1-Haven't seen Solarbabies, but if Joe Pesci's Mr. Big is the bad guy, I sure will!

2-Yeah, that surprised me too when I first saw it. Now I'm used to it, but it's still one of my favorite parts.

You see, Michael Jackson has superpowers. One of them is tuning into a giant robot. Another is turning into a supersonic car. Another is the power to turn into claymation version of celebrities, and have a rabbit suit come alive.

And another one is the power to do the unthinkable: kill ghosts. Because those guys at Club '30s HAD to be ghosts.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 11:16:38 AM »

I have read that the "Icon of the '80's" is going back into the recording studio to do a new cd. It must be because, after everything that has happened, he needs the money. Still, I wonder, after everything that has happened, how well it will sell.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 11:43:18 AM »

Joe Pesci was in 'Solar Babies'?!?

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 11:50:06 AM »

LH-C Wrote:
> Joe Pesci was in 'Solar Babies'?!?
>

Not according to IMDB: Here and here.

But, we all know IMDB is not perfect.  ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Moonwalker « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.