Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:26:20 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming SciFi Channel silliness « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upcoming SciFi Channel silliness  (Read 1980 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: April 18, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

April 22, 8c - Mammoth (2006) - Tom Skerrit, Vincent Vantresca, Summer Glau -  A meteor containing a shape shifting alien falls on the Natural History Museum in a small Louisiana town. The alien nabs the first lifeform available, which happens to be the 40,000 year old frozen Mammoth.

Vincent Ventresca plays the scientist trying to protect his find and he's joined by his B-movie fanatic father (Skerrit) and his daughter (Glau).

The previews don't look to bad (from the FX pov), but who knows. I'll be watching.

April 29, 6c - The Monkey King (2001) - Bai Ling , Russell Wong - This is an old NBC miniseries originally titled " The Lost Empire". It's a Hallmark productions and a lot of folks at IMDB have trashed it. I'll watch long enough to see how silly Russell Wong looks in monkey makeup.

May 6, 8c - A.I. Assault (2005) - Michael Dorn, Robert Picardo, Alexandra Paul, and Joe Lando - This movie is listed as "Shockwave" on IMDB. It looks like pretty standard SciFi original fare. A couple of military robots get crashed on a tropical island, blah, blah.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 01:07:11 PM »

Why don't they just combine these all into one movie to save time?  They could call it ASSAULT OF THE MAMMOTH MONKEY KING.  I'd be more likely to watch a movie with that title than the 3 individual titles you mentioned . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 01:24:58 PM »

Yes, the monkey king rides around on a mammoth, and shoots laser beams from his eyes. . .
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »

MAMMOTH actually looks like it could be fun.

A.I. ASSAULT is Jim Wynorski's latest.

ABOMINABLE airs in late May. Best Bigfoot movie ever!

Oh, and then there's this nonsense. Trust me. Just click and read this.

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »

Hey, thanks for heads up on Abominable. I've been waiting to hear what happened with that, it's got one of my fave's Jeffrey Combs in it.

As far as SciFi's programming choices, I have to lay the blame for that on NBC. I don't know how they think they are going raise ratings for their network shows by showing them on a niche channel like SciFi, unless the real point is to get those few of us who watch SciFi interested in tuning into NBC. I don't particulary like  SVU, CI is definitely my favorite flavor of L&O.

I did like the fact that they were reshowing eps of Surface on SciFi, because I liked the show (and it is science fiction) and it schedule conflicted with mine on NBC.

I would have to agree that this a corporate decision. They also show L&O:CI on Bravo which is also owned by NBC.

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:23:24 AM »

I feel kind of sorry for Vincent Ventresca- at least, after seeing Larva- he gets some pretty ludicrous films to work on. But I like the guy's style, so I'll probably suffer through what could be the most absurd movie the Scifi channel has made yet.... But he doesn't strike me as the "scientist"-type. Who came up with that?

trekgeezer

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »

I like Ventresca,  he was really good in The Invvisible Man series. He , Paul Ben-Victor,and Eddie Jones had great chemistry.  I thought the show would be crap, but it ended up being one of SciFi's smarter offerings and it was a shame it only lasted two seasons.

I thought Larva was one of the better SciFi original films. It's defiinitely the best one featuring William Forsythe.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 11:25:35 PM »

I was just watching Jay Leno, and apparently the Sci-Fi channel has this "reality" tv show scheduled for July called "Who Wants to be a SuperHero".

Being strictly rabbit ears, this is the first I've heard of it.

Interesting bunch people at these auditions.

Anybody else heard of this?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

I don't know about SciFi - one minute it's a great channel, the next is it's beyond horrible, but then it recovers a little bit....

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 08:13:29 AM »

trek_geezer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like Ventresca,  he was really good in The
> Invvisible Man series. He , Paul Ben-Victor,and
> Eddie Jones had great chemistry.  I thought the
> show would be crap, but it ended up being one of
> SciFi's smarter offerings and it was a shame it
> only lasted two seasons.
>
> I thought Larva was one of the better SciFi
> original films. It's defiinitely the best one
> featuring William Forsythe.
>

The Invisible Man series was pretty good -definitly the best thing ever done with the invisibility concept- I just hope Ventresca doesn't end up getting typecast to work with crap. Larva had an interesting premise, but the effects and some of the writing ruined what could have been a better film. It's hard to tell what Scifi channel movies take themselves seriously or not until you watch them; I liked the ad for Mammoth probably more than I'll like the film because it pokes fun at the concept from the start. An alien controlled fossil? good call...

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming SciFi Channel silliness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.