Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:45:14 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  'Logan's Run' t.v. series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Logan's Run' t.v. series  (Read 3319 times)
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 18, 2006, 10:01:03 PM »

I've always loved Logan's Run. The 1976 movie has a special place in my heart. And the ill-fated 70's tv series is good, campy, fun. The costumes rock. I feel sorry for the actor who played Rem becasue he had to wear that absurd, tight green, costume. I wish these episodes would be officially released on dvd. I have a bootleg copy I got from ebay a few years ago. I love 70's Sci-Fi:
Buck Rogers, Message From Space, Gatchaman/G Force, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Space 1999 and Logan's Run.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:19:50 AM »

You know Bryan Singer is intending to remake the movie after he is done with Superman Returns.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »

Yeah I already know about the proposed remake. While I really like the first movie, nothing compares to the books. And there is no way they could make movies of them - they'd probably be NC-17.

raj

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »

Dang, I'll have to read the books then.  A Logan's Run remake could be good.  Alas, it probably won't.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 01:21:40 PM »

I need to re-read them myself...it's been nearly 12 years since I originally read them.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »

I wasn't aware there was more than one book. I read it a couple of decades ago and I remember them running about all over the country and the age limit was 21, so most everyone was a teenager.

I have a lot of trust in Bryan Singer, so the remake may not be what everyone wants, but it will be well made.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Alan Smithee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 09:33:17 PM »

Evidently Bryan Singer's 'Logan's Run' is supposed to adhere to the book than the 1976 version did.
But I have a soft spot for the 1976 one.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 12:31:03 PM »

And one of the things they are going back to in the remake, as far as I know, is the age limit of 21, instead of 30, as was in the first film.

As in all such remakes, who will they get, that can top the original cast of Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan, Farrah Fawcett, Rosce Lee Browne, and Peter Ustinov.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

Getting back about the series - I haven't seen it at all. Did SciFi ever rerun it in the '90s? I've been curious about it because I heard that Gregory Harrison played Logan.

<>

I know exactly what you mean! The only part of the movie I didn't like though were the cinematography, and the fact that the 42 year old scientist was completely written out of the story and replaced with an elderly man.

Here's what I wrote on IMDb about the original Logan's Run movie -

Great movie - lousy and horrible cinematography, 22 June 2005

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

First off, I first saw 'Logan's Run' in 1979 at the age of 3 1/2. This is a movie that has stuck with me ever since then. Here's why - The actors' ability to convey their characters so well, and the chemistry between them. You really believe Michael York and Richard Jordan are Logan and Francis, and that they are best friends. And it's absolutely heartbreaking to see this friendship deteriorate as the movie progresses. And this chemistry is very different from the chemistry that York and Jenny Agutter have. She's great as Jessica; inquisitive and intellectual. Roscoe Lee Browne, is at first comical then positively unnerving as Box, a robot, a true character role for anyone.

Although much was changed from the book, this is still a great movie. One addition that wasn't in the book that I've always enjoyed is Carousel, and the extreme spectacle (particularly the costumes) that goes along with it. The sets and costumes were great (I particularly like the Sandmen costumes as they really stand out), the writing was pretty good, as was the score. But the cinematography was so horrible! It's as if whoever the producers had hired had only done television or something. If they had hired a better cinematographer, this would have been a truly amazing movie.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  'Logan's Run' t.v. series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.