Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:07:44 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Free Search Engine Submission Resources « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: Free Search Engine Submission Resources  (Read 1015 times)
Menard
« on: April 21, 2006, 05:36:02 PM »

This is a list of free search engine submitters and other website promotion resources which I posted on my web design forum, and thought that I would post it here for anybody who could use it.

Ma favorite word: Free

Don't ya just like the way it sounds; the way it effortlessly rolls off the tongue (okay, so until the age of 5, I could not pronounce the word 'three' correctly, so it would sound like 'free'; but that's beside the point)

I am always scouring the internet for freebies; especially hosting and promotion. I thought I would share some of the better resources I have found for search engine submission.

Want to submit up to 253 search engine for free? (I didn't stutter) Try out Tecnixindo's Submitter. As they have disabled right-clicks on their page (I don't know why) disable JavaScripts in your browser before you load the page; if you want the convenience of copying and pasting your information rather than typing it. They use a php script call SubmitForce, which is a free script that comes with a DB of about 12 engines, and have obviously tweaked the database to include a whole lot more engines. If anybody is running or is interested in running the SubmitForce script on their site, they also offer the ability to download their database.

Being that the database varies by who has updated it, you can find different engines on different submitters. Other sites also using this script are: R4RW, 224 engines including a lot of European engines and directories; and Klick the Web, 174 engines.

*Please note: even though the above submitters do submit to Google, it is best to submit to Google using their own submission page. MSN does require that you submit to them through their submission page. These submitters are best used as an adjunct to regular submission practices; allowing you to submit to engines and directories you may not otherwise know exist, or, in the case of foreign engines, may not be able to read the submission forms.

1PS.BIZ is an interesting service which offers paid and free submissions to search engines and directories. Where they differ from the standard click and submit is that you can fill in quite a bit of information at the beginning of the process, then as you are going thru the submission process (you supervise each submission individually) you have the opportunity to update the information to better suit the particular engine or directory. It is an interesting combination of automated and manual submission which also lets you pick and choose the directories and engines to which you will be submitting. They allow you to submit to 200 directories/engines with the free service.

2ServeU.net is not an automated submission service, but what they have provided is quite a valuable tool. They have a page in frames with a list of search engines and directories on the left side nav menu and on the top are some boxes for your informaton including email address, description, url, keywords etc. Click on the engine/directory and the submission page will load in the frame. Now copy and paste the information from the boxes into the required fields, updating if necessary. This is a convenient and timesaving tool they have setup.

FFA Links Pages

Various kind words have been ascribed to free for all link pages by webmasters:

" they are worthless"

" they will hurt your search engine ranking"

" why are there so many pages dedicated to the Future Farmers of America"

For a webmaster just getting a site started, free for all link pages can be a useful way to get your link noticed by several search engines, as many of them are crawled by the search engines, and one of the keys to getting your site noticed is by having your link out there on other pages. As links from these pages disappear quickly, and nobody ever visits them in person, all they represent is a way to get your link noticed and are not particularly effective once you have been listed with Google. Actually, after you have been listed, you probably don't want to use them (the embarassment of having the link to your site on an FFA page ranked higher than the site itself) as, although it is a good way to get your site noticed in the early stages, constant submittal to FFA pages may well adversely affect your ranking with some search engines (Google in particular) as their algorithm will basically pick this up as spamming your link.

Alas, don't ya just hate having to verify your email address just so you can submit your site to FFA pages? Well, two submitters do not require you to validate your email address; just enter your information and submit. These submitters are: Millennium Submitter, they claim 15,000 FFA page submissions and you can add the script to your own site if you please; and Magical Link Spider, which submits to around 300 FFA pages from a variety of sites (fill in any information fields you do not want to disclose with 'NA').

As submitting to FFA pages will get you several confirmation emails, usually advertising the page owner's affiliate or service, you should have a junk email address to use for FFA submissions (in other words, if Yahoo is not your regular address, you can get one for free, but they do disable your email after 30 days of you not logging in, regardless of how many emails you have received). If you want a throwaway email, you can get a free email address from my services at PhambotiMail and HotBlooded Mail. You can also find other free email resources including MyWay.com which is a really nice, advertising free, email service which would be a shame to waste as a throwaway.

Other Resources

Here are some other sites to which you can submit your link:

UrgentClick.com - This site is an invaluable resource for webmasters. It has a high pagerank, fast listings, and is updated by the search engines regularly.

T-Y-F Link Directory - Fast listing directory, sometimes within minutes, which also features a cool referrer link; if you post a reciprocal link (not required for a listing), and someone clicks on it from your site, you get your url posted on the entry page until somebody else refers. They also have a topsites list which is powered by EvoTopsites script (it is a really nice topsites script).

Phamboti's Free For All Links Page - This is one of my pages along with Aeratee's FFA Links. If you would like to add either of those services to your site, you can find them at 4allfree.com and QuickRegister.

Spam Free FFA Pages is a list of over 200 FFA pages which do not require an email address in order to post a link. These pages will also hold your link longer than most FFA pages.

DoItByHand.com (get your filthy mind out of the gutter) provides links to various resources for paid and free site submission.

Directory Critic offers a list of over 600 free web directories to which you can submit your site. Ace Directories also offers a similar list.

I hope somebody finds some of this useful. If you have any favorite submitters or sites useful for promotion, and FREE, please share.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Free Search Engine Submission Resources « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.