Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:32 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CZW: Cage of Death V « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CZW: Cage of Death V  (Read 3611 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 10, 2006, 12:38:39 AM »

CZW: Cage of Death V - Check out this Pro Wrestling match. It's really insane.

Cage of Death V Small | Large

WARNING you need high speed internet.

Here's a recap of the match:

Cage Of Death V took place on December 13, 2003 in Philadelphia, PA where Team Ultraviolence (John Zandig, Lobo, Wifebeater, Ian Knoxx, Nick Gage, New Jack) defeated Hi-V (The Messiah, Nate Hatred, Trent Acid, Adam Flash, Johnny Kashmere, B-Boy)

Wikipedia:

"The fifth Cage Of Death was a 6 on 6 match where there were two rings, one was the actual cage and the other was a ring filled with a million thumbtacks. There was also a series of suspended metal scaffolds leading from the stage to the cage. To win the match, you either had to get your entire team from the stage, into the cage, and back across the stage, or a wrestler was eliminated once they hit the floor. The fifth one is highly regarded as the best Cage Of Death, as it was an absolutely insane bumpfest."

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »

meh. czw has sort of a chintzy rep. check out the iwa-midwest samoa joe/necro butcher match, or the iwa revolution strongstyle tournaments.

more here - http://www.youtube.com/results?tag=iwa

Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:38:26 PM »

I agree that CZW wasn't very good a couple years ago, but this match surpasses ECW and almost makes it look "boring" as far as bumps go. If you haven't seen CAGE OF DEATH V from beginning to end then you haven't seen insane. The 50 minute match doesn't get interesting till 10 minutes into the clip, so check it out your won't be dissappointed.  I don't like the dangerous acts they perform in these type promotions, but you have to admit this is the most insane match ever.

ECW, Japanese Death Matches, and even your pick of Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher match was ok, but CAGE OF DEATH V is too much.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 01:23:08 AM »

I don't know. That was a lot of heavy bumping, but I think there have been cases of more extreme. Those ICW Japanese Death Matches I've got on tape are pretty hardcore. Granted, most of it is waiting around for something to happen, but the last match of the evening when Cactus Jack faced off against Terry Funk and Cactus actually landed on one of the explosives in the ring and burnt himself pretty bad was terrific. I read the companion book that Mick Foley wrote detailing his experiences in the ring and the way Foley describes that match with Funk sounded horrifying! He talked about why people respected Funk's hooks so much when Funk actually started slugging him in the side of the head during that match. He also spoke of the events lead up to that moment when the arm throw that was suppoed to roll him over the explosive didn't quite go far enough. Ouch. Second and third degree burns and he had to suffer the pain all the way on a plane trip back to the states with only minimal first aid.

In terms of bumps though, about the most hardcore I've ever seen was watching Tommy Dreamer in a scaffolding match against a tall guy with long black hair (can't think of his name). When three tables were stacked on top of each other outside the ring and the two wrestlers were dangling from the ceiling on the scaffolding, I think it was Dreamer who got tossed off the side. He went through the first table clean and about half way through the second table his momentum careened him off the side and he missed the third and landed hard on the floor below.

Then again there was the time Sabu was in a barbed wire match with some wrestler I can't remember and when Sabu went to do his leg drop into the corner, the guy moved and Sabu brought the weight of his body down on his leg on the stiff part of the wire that connects it to the posts. He got severely gashed and blood started pouring everywhere. It wasn't a game anymore when that happened. Surprising thing is that Sabu did a makeshift tape/bandage job trying to stop the insane amounts of blood with the help of his trainer while the other wrestler stalled for time and I think came back and won that match. Wow.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:27:54 AM »

Yep, saw all the ones you mentioned Scottie.......INSANE MATCHES ! ! !  

Exploding tables, exploding rings, glass, barbwire, thumbtack, baseball bats, light bulbs, scaffolds, cheese graters, pizza cutters.

I might have to review all the matches again that you mentioned, but I just thought this CAGE OF DEATH was the most extreme ever.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 11:12:51 AM »

Some of the things wrestlers do to get enough recognition to move up to the big leagues (WWE) is truly insane.  Some of the stunts they pull are truly dangerous.

Everybody remembers what happened to Owen Hart......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 07:44:04 PM »

I went to Cage of Death 16 recently.

A guy used a weedwhacker on his opponent.   Thumbup

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 02:19:10 AM »

I went to Cage of Death 16 recently.

A guy used a weedwhacker on his opponent.   Thumbup

Buggedout Buggedout BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CZW: Cage of Death V « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.